Submission: April 01, 2016
Registration: April 01, 2016
Location: Latin America & Caribbean Area
Prizes: Please check competition’s brief
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) proudly announces the 2016 Best Interiors of Latin America and the Caribbean Competition. This competition recognizes interior design/architecture projects that reflect the highest levels of creativity and excellence from Latin America and the Caribbean.
WHO SHOULD ENTER
Any interior designer, interior architect, or architect may submit a design project(s). The design project(s) must have been completed after January 1, 2014, and be located in Latin America or the Caribbean; however, the design firm may be located anywhere, including the USA.
To enter, please prepare and submit:
- Your design firm’s contact information including name, address, phone number, and email.
- Your design project’s information including name and location.
- A 250-word description of the project challenges and a 250-word description of specific solutions to project challenges.
- 7-10 color images (jpg or jpeg under 1MB each) of your project – only one (1) exterior image permitted.
- 1-3 floor plans. Payment (payment prompt on second page of the entry form)
All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted. There is no limit to the number of eligible projects a firm may submit; however, each project may only be submitted once.
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Hospitality (lounges, bars) Hotels Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Residences – Multi-Family (inhabited condos, apartments)
- Residences – Single Family (inhabited free-standing homes)
- Restaurants Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers (includes model/sample/show residential units)
- Spas/Fitness Centers/Gymnasiums
The cost to enter is $200 per entry for IIDA Members and $250 per entry for non-members. Please contact Liz Moran for more information on applying for IIDA membership to take advantage of the member rate.
Deadline for entries is Friday, April 1, 2016. All winners will be published in Contract Magazine, the publishing partner for the competition, and on the IIDA website. An awards reception will be held in Miami during the Maison & Objet Americas trade show, May 10-13, 2016.