Submission: May 21, 2018
Registration: May 21, 2018
Location: Dubai, UAE
Prizes: Please see details below
Emaar Development is hosting an International Open Design competition for the Design of the Iconic Mosque at the heart of the ambitious new world-class mixed-use waterfront development Dubai Creek Harbour. The Development is a 5.6 Million sqm site and is expected to have 48,500 residential units with a population of 175,000 residents, when completed.
Emaar’s vision for Dubai Creek Harbour is to create an urban city that respects the culture and climate of Dubai, a place where people can live, work and play in harmony with nature and a community where families can reach their aspirations for generations to come.
In line with this, EMAAR is seeking a Concept Design for the development’s Iconic mosque which:
– Should be Iconic in design.
– Can house 7,500 worshippers internally.
– Has an accessible roof with a capacity to take 2,000 worshippers
Competitors submissions shall depict sufficient information, drawing, CGI’s, diagrams and narratives which explain their Concept Design and innovative approaches at its best way. The 3D perspectives shall be of highest quality.
Competition participants must be officially recognized professional architects, Architectural Firms or Architectural Students.
• Design competition opens on April 2nd, 2018
• The deadline for submitting the competition entries is 12:00 noon (UAE Time) May 21, 2018
• Five entries will be shortlisted and designer will have an opportunity to present to the judges themselves.
The winning Design entry will receive a prize of USD 40,000/- while the remaining four shortlisted entries will receive USD 10,000/- each. The winning entry will also be invited to enter into a Design Contract to deliver the scheme.