Submission: July 31, 2016
Registration: June 30, 2016
Language: English, Chinese
Location: Beijing, China
Prizes: x3 1st Place RMB 50,000
May 29, 2016: Press briefing held at the Baitasi Courtyard Renewal International Design Competition’s Venice Biennial parallel exhibition
June 1-30, 2016: First phase of registration, the participants make voluntary selection of courtyards
July 1-31, 2016: Second phase of registration,courtyard allocated automatically on the official website
July 31, 2016: Deadline for submission of conceptual proposals for the competition
August 15, 2016: Initial assessment of conceptual proposals ends; Judges return score sheets; statistical evaluation of results
August 15-30, 2016: Notification of shortlisted candidates
September 5, 2016: Shortlist published
September 20, 2016: Shortlisted candidates submit further detailed design
October 5, 2016: Final assessment; live Q&A with shortlisted candidates, awards giving
October 2016-2017: Winner exhibition; Eligible designs carry on for implementation
First place winners selected from each group will receive a cash prize of RMB 50,000 and an award certificate; their works will be published in World Architecture.
· Individuals or groups registering for this competition must abide by and respect the rules and regulations of the event; members of the organizing committee have the right of final interpretation of these regulations.
· Names related to the designer must not appear in any electronic blueprint; inclusion of any text or graphic appearing in an academic institution or business, or which does not comply with rules, will result in disqualification.
· Competition entries must not be multiple submissions; any work that has been submitted elsewhere, in other competitions, or uses others’ previously published work are not permissible for entry.
· Blueprints and images related to competition submissions cannot infringe on the copyrights of others; responsibility for any such resulting controversy shall be taken by the infringing competitor, who will be disqualified.
· Competitors retain the right of authorship of their competition works; however, competitionorganizers and sponsors have the right to exercise copyrights other than authorship rights over competition works.
· Please submit electronic versions of drawings and related documents online.
· Language: the official languages of the competition are English and Chinese; titles and key design descriptions must include both languages.
· Documentation: participants must include a recognizable, scanned copy of identification when submitting work, registration forms, and authorization documents.
Conceptual proposal specifications and requirements:
(1) Specifications: Drawingsshould be 420mm×297mm in horizontal layout. Each proposal must be composed of 4 drawings. Documents for uploading should be JPG format (for website display, not exceeding 3MB per file), and PDF format (for documentation, not exceeding 20 MB).
(2) Content and form: Plans must contain an introduction in Chinese and English ,black-and-white line drawings of floor plans, elevations, cross-sections, isometric blueprints, and the required analysis diagrams; also to be included are the necessary architectural economic indices and cost estimates. Participants can choose to use images of views, renderings, wall-section details, node configuration details, or real models.
Finalist proposal specifications and requirements:
(1) Specifications: Blueprints should be 841mm×594mm in lateral layout. Each proposal must have 3 blueprints. Documents should be in PDF format and should not exceed 20 MB.
(2) Content and form: Along with a Chinese and English introduction, floor plans, elevation, cross-section, isometric blueprints, and required analysis diagrams; also to be included are necessary architectural economic indices and cost estimates. Participants can choose to use images of wall-section details, node configuration details, or real models.
(3) An introductory design video not exceeding 3 minutes should be presented. Files should use MP4 format and should not exceed 400 MB.