Submission: July 04, 2019
Registration: June 24, 2019
Prizes: Please see details below
As our future megacities are defining themselves every day with bustling streets and soaring skyscrapers, a city still craves for many things but mostly – an identity. The 21st century from its onset is rapidly changing how we live and how we perceive the definitions of a city rampantly. ‘Urbanscape’ is the manifestation of the built environment of cities. It not only refers to the configuration of built forms but also the elements that define interstitial spaces. However, what we see today is the progression of ever-increasing skyscrapers that dominate the memories of a city, overpowering smaller elements.
Urbanscape: Symbiosis is a step forward that seeks to bind the concept of urban identity and the furniture that speak for the city. It aims at creating elements that connect the dots to reveal the identity of a city.
The challenge here is creating a family of furniture for the desired city with common features in concept /form/color/design.
That needs to be derived from the city into consideration. The location of this furniture also matters by analyzing key spots where not only these could look meaningful but be meaningful as well.
The goal of this competition is to give birth to furniture concepts that sprout from the city’s identity instead of industrial convenience. This would be possible in the following three steps: 1. Choose a town/city, 2. Create a concept family of furniture from the category, 3. Photograph your city spaces and place them to establish a link between them.
- The competition is open to all students and professionals (Worldwide).
- Minimum eligible age for participation is 18 years.
- This competition is open for both students and professionals.
- Team size is maximum of 4 members per team.
- All disciplines are eligible.
- Team: Teams with all student participants (with valid id’s required) will be categorized under student teams.
- Teams with even one professional participant will be categorized under professional team.
The following Five obligatory items need to be submitted in all entries, failing which the entry may be disqualified or rejected:
- A maximum 8 nos. – 1880 x 2880px sheet in portrait digital format (JPEG)
- Answer 6 mandatory questions and 2 self formulated questions in the discussion section as given on the ‘additional materials folder’.
- Participants are encouraged to submit additional materials such as videos, prototype images and textual material
- Cover image of size 2000 x 1000 px or larger in aspect ratio 2:1
- Individual images and graphics used in the sheet or any additional images (for publication purpose and not for the judging of entries)
- Ensure that the final sheets which are submitted do not include your name or any other mark of identification.
- To learn about the best practices of submission refer to this pdf here. https://goo.gl/fmmcP7
- Plagiarism of any idea/form/design/image will be disqualified with a notice.
The submission of the entry has to happen on our submission portal at uni.xyz only with the format given on the website. No other mode of submissions will be accepted. In order to avoid last minute rush, plan and try uploading your entries prior to the submission deadline . Check this video tutorial of how to make the submission on the platform .