Submission: October 16, 2017
Registration: October 16, 2017
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Prizes: Please see details below
The biggest Czech bank is building its new headquarters – changing a brownfield neighbouring Prague’s historical core – supporting creation of a fresh, liveable city district – forming contemporary environment for its employees, visitors and inhabitants of Prague.
The subject of the competition is an architectural proposal for the new headquarters of Česká spořitelna: Campus Prague, including its surroundings. The Announcer’s vision is to develop a building complex, in the inner city of Prague, that will go beyond the norm of a generic office building and that will represent a new model for the administrative organisation by accommodating the Announcer’s activities, as well as public services and amenities accessible to both employees and the general public. The goal is to shift the notion of contemporary office buildings: to prevent the complex becoming a “ghost city” after working hours and to conceive it as a liveable and operational part of Prague.
For all the info, visit CSHQ-CityCampus.cz – check if you qualify – upload your portfolio – get selected by the jury among 15 to compete anonymously with your design – make the cut among 6 best to present your project in Prague – get a commission!
There are basic general and qualification criteria (point 4 of the Competition regulations – Participation in the Competition). Any individual or entity fulfilling them may answer the open call and enter the competition.
They can enter either as „matador architects“ or „emerging professionals“ by submitting a portfolio including a motivation letter and following project presentations (for the selected projects they have to have the role of authors of architectonic design):
– One executed project with a total floor area of at least 20,000 sqm and at least 70 % of this area being office space, completed in the last 7 years
– One executed project with total a floor area of at least 5,000 sqm of any non-monofunctional type, completed in the last 7 years
– One architectural study or competition proposal of a project with a total floor area of at least 5,000 sqm of any type
– One executed project with total floor area of at least 5,000 sqm of any non-monofunctional type, completed in the last 7 years
– Two architectural studies or competition proposals of a project with a total floor area of at least 5,000 sqm of any type
The jury will then select 15 teams that will be invited to the anonymous design round. At least 10 of them should be matador architects and up to 5 of them should be emerging professionals.