Submission: March 31, 2017
Registration: February 28, 2017
Prizes: 1st Prize: $500 , 2nd Prize: $200, 3rd Prize: $100
Have you ever imagined living in a house surrounded by the forest? Here is a competition to realize your dreams. HOUSE IN FOREST 2017 (Website: http://HouseInForest.com) Competition will be started very soon and seeks to explore the fantastic ides of architectural design, as well as landscape design and site planning. The aim of this competition is to promote our ideas of protecting the forest and its environment. We also encourage the creation of new living style which is not only limited for houses, but also can be like pavilions, structures, or landscape.
Whoever you are students or experienced designers, working individually or in teams, we warmly welcome you to take participate in this competition. Winning participants will receive cash prize with certificate. We will also post the list of winning projects onto the official website and publish them as a competition portfolio with exhibition launched.
(1) The competition committee will not provide any specific location in any country or region. Candidates shall pick up one fictional location for their design project. The requirements of customized location are as below:
• The location must be in a forest, or surrounded by the forest. The density of forest is customized.
• The topography and landforms can be also customized. Candidates might add river, lake, stones, animals or any other elements that exactly exist in a real forest.
• The area of picked up location has no limitation, but should fit your design concept and theme.
• The main concept of your submitted work can be Architectural Design, Landscape Design, Planning Work, but each kind of design work should focus on the main topic of this competition – HOUSE IN FOREST.
(2) Image submitted at least contain the following:
• General plans and layouts of the project, including floor plans and sections, scaled adequately to ensure reading and comprehension of the plans.
• Diagrams, views, sketches, renderings, or any other form of visual representation that will help explain the project.
• Constructive details that are considered essential to explain the project.
• A 450 word-long (maximum) descriptive text. Any text or description can only be delivered in English.
(3) The image or board must comply with the following format: your design must be presented in oriented A1 sheet (841mm×594mm), both horizontal display and vertical display are accepted. Minimum 72 dpi, and only .JPG will be accepted. The file must be no larger than 15 MB in order to facilitate uploads and downloads. Remember that the file name must be the same as your name or team member’s name when you registered. No other format or delivery style will be accepted. Other formats won’t be accepted, and only the projects uploaded on time will be on the contest.
(4) Your name, or team members’ names must be clearly written on the image or board. The submission should be mailed to email@example.com with the team members’ names. In case of any query, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
01/12/2016 Competition Launch
01/12/2016 – 31/01/2017 Early Bird Registration
01/02/2017 – 15/03/2017 Standard Registration
16/03/2017 – 30/03/2017 Last Minute Registration
31/03/2017 Submission Deadline
01/04/2017 – 30/04/2017 Jury Deliberation
01/05/2017 Winner Announced
Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm – 00:00 am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Entrants may register as individuals or as a team consisting of maximum 5 members. All architecture, landscape, planning or design students, as well as professionals are eligible to participate in the competition. They may do so by filling the registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through the secure gateway (PayPal) on our website. The registration fee is:
· 01/12/2016 – 31/01/2017 Early Bird Registration – $35
· 01/02/2017 – 15/03/2017 Standard Registration – $45
· 16/03/2017 – 30/03/2017 Last Minute Registration – $55
Note: It would not be possible to amend or update the information relating to your registration including the names of the group members once validated.
First Prize – $500 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
Second Prize – $200 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
Third Prize – $100 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
10 Honorable Mentions to be published on the site