Submission: July 03, 2018
Registration: April 26, 2018
Language: English, Korean
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Prizes: Please see details below
The purpose of the competition for Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education Headquarter Building is to create a comfortable and convenient working environment by securing appropriate office spaces and providing the Education Hub Space that may embrace the ideas and dreams of the Seoul educational families for the future education in Seoul.
- Location : 27, Duteopbawi-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Site Area : 13,214.2㎡
- Building Area : 39,967㎡
- Construction Cost (Estimated): \100,689,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
- Design Fee (Estimated): \5,081,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
- Design Period: 360 days from the beginning of project initiation
This competition is an open competition for both domestic and international architects(and firms).
Language & Units
The official languages of the competition are both English and Korean. Every official document will be published and distributed in English and Korean. In the case disputes should occur regarding the interpretation of the documents, the Korean version will prevail over the English version. All submitted documents shall be written in Korean.(If necessary, use English with Korean.) All measuring units should follow the metric system.
- Any domestically or internationally licensed architect is eligible to participate.
- In the case of joint application, a total of three(3) individuals or firms can apply. One(1) member of the team must be selected as representative.
- The representative of the competition should be a licensed architect according to the Architect Laws of Korea, and has registered the architectural firm under the same law.
- From the date of registration until the time of submission, a person who received administrative actions such as registration cancellation, vacation, closure, or suspension of business cannot apply for the competition as a representative of the competition.
- A juror, professional advisor, advisory committee, and operation committee member or a member of his/her company, organization or family cannot enter.
- A person(firm) cannot apply to the competition in plural teams.
- Competition Announcement Apr. 12, 2018
- Registration Apr. 12, 2018 ~ Apr. 26, 2018 17:00
- Questions Posted by Entrant Apr. 12, 2018 ~ Apr. 27, 2018 17:00
- Answers to Questions posted May. 04, 2018
- Deadline for Submission of Entries Jul. 3, 2018 10:00 ~ 17:00
- Announcement of Winners Jul. 16, 2018
- The above times are based on Korean Mean Time and the schedule is subject to change. The notice for change will be posted on the competition website.
- Cho, Namho, SOLTOZIBIN Architects, Partner
- Choi, Moongyu, Yonsei University, Professor
- Kim, Dongjin, Hongik University, Professor
- Kim, Yongmi, G.S Architects & Associates, Partner
- Min, Hyunsik, Kiohun, Principal
- Hong, John, Seoul National University, Professor (Deputy Juror)
Selection of Winners
- First Prize (One entry) : Awarding of Design Contract
- Second Prize (One entry) : 40,000,000 KRW
- Third Prize (One entry) : 30,000,000 KRW
- Fourth Prize (One entry) : 20,000,000 KRW
- Fifth Prize (One entry) : 10,000,000 KRW