Submission: July 13 , 2016
Registration: June 17, 2016
Language: English, Korean
Location: Administrative City, South Korea
Prizes: Pls check details below
The objective of this competition is to select the appropriate master plan proposal for National Museum Complex(NMC) to realize cultural base that is the spatial core of the Administrative City.
This competition is an open international competition for all professionals and consists of two stages. In the stage one(1) of the competition, conceptual land use plan on the whole project site(190,000m2 ) and conceptual master plan on the project area(75,000m2 ) of the 1st(first) phase of NMC project are reviewed. Entries of the stage two(2) of the competition are limited to winners of the stage one(1).
○ Stage One(1).
– Open Competition
– Conceptual development plan on the whole NMC site(190,000m2) +Conceptual master plan on the 1st(first) phase area(75,000m2)
○ Stage One(2).
– Invitational Competition(Limited to Winners of the Stage One(1))
– Developed master plan on the 1st(first) phase area(75,000m2 ) + Architectural design on facilities in the 1st(first) step of construction(i.e., Central Operation Center , Central Storehouse, National Children Museum, and Parking Lots)
※ Note: This brief provides information only for the stage one(1) stage of the competition, and the information for the stage two(2) will be provided later.
Any professionals in architecture, urban design, landscape design, cultural design, or other fields can enter. One(1, individual or corporate) representative of the team should be a licensed architect whose license should be current and valid at the time of registration.
Announcement of the Stage One(1) : 2016.5.18.(Wed)
Project Site Tour : 2016.5.26.(Thr) 11:00 (GMT+9:00)
Registration Closing of the Stage One(1) : 2016.6.17.(Fri) 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
Posting Questions : 2016.5.18.(Wed) 9:00 – 5.30.(Mon) 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
Posting Answers : 2016.6.10.(Fri) 10:00 (GMT+9:00),
Answers will be posted on the competition website
Submission Deadline of the Frist Stage : 2016.7.13.(Wed) 10:00 – 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
All courier and postal service including the international entry must have a stamp marked no later than 2016.7.12.(Tue), and the delivery must be arrived at the reception of the competition office by 2016.7.15.(Fri) 17:00 (GMT+9:00).
Adjudication by Jury for the Stage One(1) : 2016.7.20.(Wed) – 2016.7.21.(Thr)
Announcement of Winning Entries of the Stage One(1) : 2016.7.25.(Mon) 10:00 (GMT+9:00)
Announcement of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.8.8.(Mon)
Submission Deadline of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.4.(Fri)
Adjudication by Jury for the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.10.(Thr) – 2016.11.11.(Fri)
Announcement of Winning Entries of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.14.(Mon) 10:00 (GMT+9:00)
※ Participation of project site tour is not mandatory
※ Presentation(open to the public) by entries and Q&A is scheduled in adjudication by jury for the stage two(2).
※ All times are based on GMT+9:00
※ All schedules can be modified according to the promoter’s condition, and the all changes are posted on the competition website and informed to each participant through e-mail.
Registration starts from 2016.5.18.(Wed) until 2016.6.17.(Fri) 17:00(GMT+9:00).Entrants should visit the competition website(http://www.nmcc2016.org). Once registered, entrants can login the website to check the registration status, download materials, and post questions.
Before registration is closed(2016.6.17.(Fri)), the entrant can add, delete or change team members. To change the team representative, the entrant must close their account and register a new one. After registration is closed(2016.6.17(Fri)), the entrant cannot change the team representative although he/she can add, delete or change team members on the competition website.
Only one submission per entrant is allowed. Dispatch of entries must be made by post or hand delivery. All submitted documents should arrive as one package. Delayed delivery and loss or damage of the package due to any packing issues are not the responsibility of the promoter. The entrant can check on the competition website(http://www.nmcc2016.org) whether the package has been received. The submitted documents will be not returned and the period of submission is as follows:
- By hand: Only on 2016.7.13.(Wed) between 10:00(GMT+9:00) and 17:00(GMT+9:00) all submitted document should arrive at the submission desk.
- By mail (including international courier): The submission package must be postmarked by 2016.7.12.(Tue)(local time of entrant’s country) and should arrive at the submissions address below by 2016.7.15.(Fri) 17:00(GMT+9:00). An entrant should be responsible for contacting his/her courier to manage the delivery time. Any delivery after this period will not be accepted. The postmark of the package should be legible to confirm the date of submission.
- Reception: 194, Jeoljae-ro, Sejong, S.Korea, Architecture and Urban Research Institute 7F(#701)
- Mail: (30103) 194, Jeoljae-ro, Sejong, S.Korea, Architecture and Urban Research Institute 7F(#701)
※ Note: In order to avoid unexpected delay in delivery or taxes the package should be clearly marked as “No Commercial Value.”
SELECTION OF WINNERS
The results will be posted on the official website (http://www.nmcc2016.org) right after the jury session and winners will be officially informed.
Five(5) entries will be selected to winners in the stage one(1) of the competition and possess eligibility to enter the stage two(2) of the competition. Once completed submission to the stage two(2), 50 million KRW is offered to each entry as expense cover. Except the five(5) winners, six(6) entries are selected to honorable mentions in the Stage One(1) of the competition, and 5 million KRW will be offered to each entry as prize money. The number of honorable mentions and the amount of prize money can be changed.
In case of a team entry, the expense cover or prize money is offered to the team representative. If the team representative is not Korean and a recipient wants, the expenses cover or prize money can be paid in USD at the time of payment exchange rate.
- The time of payment for the prize money of the stage one(1): Within 30 calendar days after the announcement of winning entries of the stage one(1) of the competition
- The time of payment for the expenses cover of the stage two(2): Within 30 calendar days after the awards ceremony of the stage two(2) of the competition
※ Note: The 1st Prize winner of the stage two(2) stage of the competition has the right of design development and construction document contract with promoter. The design contract includes facilities in the 1st(first) step of Construction (i.e., Central Operation Center , Central Storehouse, and National Children Museum).