Submission: March 15, 2018
Registration: March 15, 2018
Language: English, Russian
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Prizes: Please see details below
The competition “Paradoxity” is open to students of universities, practicing artists, lighting designers, multimedia specialists, architects, as well as creative associations and design studios all over the world. The competition accepts original artworks, representing static or dynamic light installations (competition objects) for temporary installation on the territory of Gatchina Park.
There are two steps in the competition:
1. The selection of the 15 projects by professional jury (engineers, artists, lighting designers, art curators) and presentation during the festival.
2. The selection of the winner of the competition among the implemented lighting installations.
Benefits of Competition:
1. Participants are able to create and implement their installation on the territory of Gatchina Park. Organizers cover expenses up to 1700 $ for the creation of object (materials and equipment, necessary services) in the final of the competition.
2. Author of the best installation according to the results of the festival will receive a cash prize of 1700 $.
3. Publicity for the best projects on the website “Night of Light in Gatchina” and by video channel throughout the year.
4. Prizes and diploma to the authors of best 3 artworks.
5. The opportunity to get the atmosphere of St. Petersburg summer in August.
Participants will need to send an application to email email@example.com, attaching application form, illustrations of installation in PDF format and examples of your work/ portfolio.