Submission: February 28, 2017
Registration: February 28, 2017
Location: Revellín Plaza, Spain
Prizes: Details below
Concéntrico is Logroño’s Architecture and Design Festival. It is open to residents of the city and visitors from elsewhere, and it aims to discover and rediscover spaces of interest in the city’s Historic Center. The Festival invites attendees to tour these spaces through installations that create a connection between inner courtyards, tucked-away spaces and small plazas that, in the day-to-day, tend to go unnoticed.
Every installation is created by teams of architects and designers who propose, experiment with and explore new fields of design in the environment. In this way, the Festival offers them the chance to create architectural interventions in the heart of the city, establishing a dialogue between heritage and contemporary architecture, facilitating citizens’ reflection on those spaces.
The competition is open to any creators (individuals or collectives) who pro- pose ephemeral interventions within any of the disciplines of art, design and architec- ture. Collectives must indicate the total number of members and designate one member as a representative. Every professional or team must present a proposal for their intervention with a single solution.
Intervention proposals will be evaluated for:
- · Viability: the objective of the competition is to physically construct an intervention for exhibition during the Festival.
- · Durability: proposals must provide temporary solutions; it is essential that the intervention can be disassembled after the Festival is over.
· Integration with the architectural and urban environment: relation with surrounding spaces; the intervention’s visibility within the plaza.
Sustainability, standardization and easy installation and subsequent disassembly will also be considered.
2.000 € + IVA Includes:
- · Honoraria, non-Garnica materials, construction and disassembly of the intervention.
- · The prize shall be rewarded after the close of the Festival.
- · The winning team will sign a contract with the FCAR detailing the
proper process for constructing and disassembling the intervention.
- · This compensation is subject to obligatory fiscal discounts.
· The prize may be declared void by unanimous decision of the jury.
DEADLINES & SCHEDULE
Proposals must be presented by Tuesday, February 28, 2017, at 1 p.m. Central European Time. After this time, the FCAR will confirm receipt of all proposals and as- sign a number to projects received.
1 p.m. February 28, 2017: Deadline for delivery of proposal.
March 6 – 10, 2017: Publication of the jury’s decision.
April 25 – 26, 2017: Construction of intervention.
April 27 – May 1, 2017: Concéntrico 03, Logroño’s Architecture and Design Festival.
May 2: Disassembly.