Submission: November 02, 2018
Registration: November 01, 2018
Prizes: Please see details below
Laka invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of ‘architecture that reacts.’ The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments. The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings.
We invite architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers, companies, organizations, and everyone interested in the mission of the competition to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary.
● Participants can submit their inquiries to
● All projects must be submitted in English.
● This is an anonymous competition.
● The registration number is the only form of identification.
● The registration fee is non-refundable.
● Contacting the jury is prohibited.
● Entrants will be disqualified if any of the rules and regulations are not followed.
● Laka reserves the right to modify the competition schedule.
● Laureates of main prizes will be asked to provide the written material (an interview,
general essay, description of the submission, or something different) within two weeks of
their request from Laka. The final form of the written material will be indicated by Laka. The
written material should be prepared professionally in American English.
● Registration opens in April 2018
● Early Registration (April 1st–June 1st): 50 USD
● Regular Registration (June 2nd–October 1st): 75 USD
● Late Registration (October 2nd–November 1st): 100 USD
● Project submission deadline: November 2nd, 2018
● Jury deliberation: November, 2018
● Winners’ announcement: December 1st, 2018
UTC time zone for all dates.
Three main prizes and approximately ten honorable mentions will be selected.
1) Laureates of the main prizes will be
● awarded 1000 USD per team and
● invited to join the ‘Laka Perspectives’ book vol. 2.
2) Laureates of the main prizes and honorable mentions will be
● provided with feedback on their designs by selected experts from the Laka Accelerator,
● presented on Laka’s websites and promoted among Laka’s network of partners, and
● included in future Laka publications related to the competition.
Go to the competition’s website