Submission: May 09, 2017
Registration: May 02, 2017
Language: English, Spanish
Prizes: 1st Prize: €2000, 2nd Prize: €1000, 3rd Prize: €500
OPENGAP organizes the sixth edition of this open ideas competition seeking for innovative, cutting-edge, contemporary, proposals, committed to a strategy of implementing architecture in a natural environment. Approaches should point to find synergies between nature and the building itself. Each participant or team can propose the location of their Project.
This competition is open to all architects, designers, architecture students and to people around the world interested in the topic. Competitors could subscribe individually or as a team of maximum of 5 people.
The proposal submission consists of two digital panels in .jpg format, not bigger than 5MB each.
BEGINNING OF THE COMPETITION: January 4, 2017
REGISTRATION 1ST PERIOD: From January 4 until February 2, 2017
REGISTRATION 2ND PERIOD: From February 3, until March 3, 2017
REGISTRATION 3RD PERIOD: From March 4, until April 4, 2017
REGISTRATION 4RD PERIOD: From April 5, until May 2, 2017
COMPETITION REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 2, 2017
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Until May 9, 2017
WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT: During May, 2017
AWARDING OF PRIZES: During June, 2017
Registration fee: 35.00 € + VAT (21%)
1ST PERIOD (from 4/JAN/2017 to 2/FEB/2017): 35,00 euro
2ND PERIOD (from 3/FEB/2017 to 3/MAR/2017): 60,00 euro
3RD PERIOD (from 4/MAR/2017 to 4/APR/2017): 90,00 euro
4RD PERIOD (from 5/APR/2017 to 2/MAY/2017): 110,00 euro
The awards will be the following:
– 1st Prize, € 2000 Two thousand Euro
– 2nd Prize, € 1000 One thousand Euro
– 3rd Prize, € 500 Five hundred Euro
– Mentions, Mentions will not have an economic prize. The jury may name as many proposals as they consider worthy to be mentioned. The award amounts will be paid vía Paypal to the participant’s account.
The submissions will consist of 2 digital images .jpg with the following characteristics:
Digital Image Format: JPG.
Color Mode: RGB
File Name: Registration number + letter A or B (IN1234_A.jpg)
Maximum size: 5 Megabytes per image.
Dimensions: rectangular in horizontal format. To be printed in DIN A2 size (59.4 X 42cm).
• These images must contain all graphic and written information required in the opinion of the participant for the proper definition of the proposal.
• The resolution, the scale of the drawings and text size of these images should be checked as these will eventually be printed on paper size DIN A2 (59.4cm X 42cm) horizontal format. Given these parameters, the minimum font size included in the proposal text should be 10 points.
• It is allowed to use any technique or form of graphic expression to explain the proposal.
• Any description in wording (or numbering) should be included within the submitted images in English or Spanish only.
• No other documentation may be sent except for the 2 digital images.
• No logo, trade mark, insignia or any identifying symbol may be included in the images. The only identification should be the registration number, which must appear on the upper right corner of the image.
Note: The jury will review the proposals displayed on a computer screen and images will be projected to a size of approximately 120 x 84 cm at the jury session.