Submission: 03 May 2017
Registration: 12 April 2017
Location: Vidzeme, Latvia
Prizes: 1st Prize: $3,000; 2nd Prize: $1,500, 3rd Prize: $500
The Stone Barn Meditation Camp architecture competition is a partnership with SRED property developers to create a multipurpose recreational space. Participants are tasked with presenting ideas for a venue which focuses on wellness tourism, and offers holistic outlets such as meditation and yoga. The Stone Barn Meditation Camp will act as a guest house, located in a repurposed stone barn in the heart of Latvia, with the aim of further popularising eco tourism. As one of the greenest countries in Europe Latvia already benefits from a thriving ecotourism trade.
The Stone Barn Meditation Camp will look to become a regional example for green building practice. As competition winners will be put forward for consideration for construction, designs will need to place a strong emphasis on eco-friendly and cost-effective building techniques.
Designs for the building complex in this competition will need to include: accommodation for guests of the meditation camps and other small events; permanent accommodation for the groundskeeper; and an inventive and eco-friendly use of space for guests to practice meditation and yoga.
Competition is open for all. No professional qualification is required. Design proposals can be developed individually or by teams (4 team members maximum).
US$ 6,000 + CONSTRUCTION
1st prize: US $3,000
2nd prize: US $1,500
3rd prize: US $500
STUDENT AWARD: US $500
GREEN AWARD: US $500
+ 6 Honourable mentions
Early Bird Registration: 26 JANUARY – 22 FEBRUARY
Advance Registration: 23 FEBRUARY – 15 MARCH
Last Minute Registration: 16 MARCH – 12 APRIL
Closing date for registration: 12 APRIL, 2017
Closing date for project submission: 03 MAY, 2017
Announcement of the winners: 17 MAY, 2017
• Participants are required to upload four (4) A2 landscape-orientated presentation boards (must not exceed 5mb per .jpg/.jpeg file) with sketches, renders, plans, sections, elevations, diagrams and/or other presentation tools to explain their proposal.
• No video files are accepted.
• All information provided in writing must be in English.
• All submissions must be uploaded via the beebreeders.com upload panel. Access information and instructions on how to upload the presentation panel will be issued to participants via email immediately after successful registration.
• Presentation boards must not indicate any information relating to the individual’s/team’s identity. Participants who do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified without a refund.