Submission: September 01, 2019
Registration: August 30, 2019
Location: Sharjah, UAE
Prizes: Please see details below
Tamayouz Excellence Award is delighted to invite students, designers and architects worldwide to design an architectural and cultural landmark in the city of Sharjah in the UAE that hosts the Barjeel collection and represents modern art, architecture and design in the Arab world.
The competition hopes to see a contemporary museum does not become a historic pastiche but is relevant to contemporary architectural discourse whilst being informed by local cultural heritage and environmental conditions.
01/April/2019 – Announcement of the competition + Early registration
01/June/2019 – Start of the Standard registration
23/August/2019 – Last 7 days for registration
30/August/2019 – Closing date for Registration
01/September/2019 – Submissions deadline
November/2019 – Announcement of Results
December 2019 – Annual Tamayouz Excellence Award Ceremony
All Deadlines are 11:59 pm GMT (London)
Architects, students, engineers and designers are invited to participate in this prize. Participation can be on an individual or team basis (maximum of four team members). We encourage the participation of multidisciplinary teams. Under no circumstances will jury panel members, organisers or any of their family members be allowed to participate in this competition.
– Prize winner/s: $5000 + The Rifat Chadirji Statuette (designed by the internationally renowned artist; Dia Azzawi + Trip to the 2019 Award Ceremony (Flights & Hotel covered by the organisers)
– 2nd & 3rd PRIZES: $1000 Each + Certificate + Trip to the 2019 Award Ceremony Flights & Hotel covered by the organisers)
– PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD $500 + Certificate + Trip to the 2019 Award Ceremony Flights & Hotel covered by the organisers)
– 7 x Honourable Mentions: Certificates
– TOP 20 & TOP 50 Published on our website and social media pages
– THE AWARD CEREMONY: An invitation to attend the Tamayouz Award Annual Ceremony for the Top Three + people choice award winners mentioned above (Flight and Accommodation costs covered by the organisers of the prize; Tamayouz Excellence Award).