Submission: March 23, 2017
Registration: March 23, 2017
Language: English, Chinese
Location: Xinguang village, China
Prizes: Please see details below
Shenzhen Open Innovation Lab (SZOIL) and AzuKo are inviting submissions to a new design and ideas competition – reimagining the forgotten buildings of Xinguang village in China.
We are looking for a range of innovative ideas and fresh thinking to imagine a new life for these buildings and a vision for progress in rural China. The ideas can be small-scale or large in their ambition; specific to Xinguang village or respond to similar contexts across the country.
The competition is free to enter
• We encourage both Chinese and international applicants to apply
• Entries must be submitted by 5pm (GMT) on Thursday 23rd March. No late entries will be accepted.
• There is no limit to the number of ideas you can submit, but a full set of submission documents must accompany each idea
• Partial submissions will not be accepted
• Entries may be written in English or Chinese
• The competition is open to anyone to submit. Entrants may submit as an individual, as a company or multi-disciplinary group, but must make this clear in your entry form.
• By submitting to the competition, you are asserting your role as
primary author of this idea, which has not been copied wholly or
substantially from any other work or material or source
• Any supporting information, data, graphics or images must be properly credited to any external sources
• By submitting to the competition, entrants agree that the organisers are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights to all entries for advertising, promotion, exhibition, print publication and internet purposes directly related to competition / exhibition / Hello Shenzhen programme
Thursday 16th March – Competition released
Thursday 23rd March – Deadline for submissions
Sunday 26th March – Exhibition of shortlisted entries in Xinguang village, and winners announced