Submission: May 26, 2017
Registration: May 26, 2017
Language: English, Chinese
Location: Shanghai, China
Prizes: 1st Prize: 100,000 RMB; 2nd/3rd Prize: 20,000 RMB; and more details below
In partnership with China Fortune Properties, a state-owned commercial property developer based in Shanghai, we are now launching the YoungBird “Halo” Smart Signage Design Competition 2017 and calling for entries from design firms and institutes of higher education the world over. Contestants are required to conceive an innovative, smart signage design scheme for a select array of outdoor spaces inside the Shanghai Caohejing Hi-Tech Park developed by China Fortune Properties. This new competition is meant to seek ways to blend working environment and a shared community.
The jury features heavyweight industry figures such as Michel Hoessler, Co-founder/Director of Agence TER, Sou Fujimoto, Founder of Sou Fujimoto Architects, Rossana Hu, Founding Partner of Neri&Hu Design and Research Office, and Design Republic, Guan Yetong, Head of Shanghai Xuhui District Construction and Transportation Commission, Cao Yu, President of China Fortune Properties, and Isa Ye, Founder/CEO of YoungBird. The champion will receive a 100,000 RMB cash award and the winning work will be updated and applied in some parts of the Shanghai Caohejing Hi-Tech Park by the organiser. The Top 30 finalists will be part of an exhibition tour inside the Park and receive a certificate tailor-made by YoungBird, with their works published in YoungBirds custom publication and across YoungBird new media platforms.
An outstanding signage design guides users to interact with the site and develop their own narratives where they are the protagonists, just like a beam of light.
In collaboration with China Fortune Properties (Group) Co., Ltd., (abbreviated as “China Fortune Properties”), YoungBird is launching the “Halo” Smart Signage Design Competition 2017. “Halo” means opening up a smart industry community to the public and impressing them at first sight. The competition is meant to generate innovative solutions to the integration of working environment and a shared community in a bid to transform the site into an instantly recognizable landmark with a continuous sense of place and unlimited potential.
This competition is about conceiving a signage scheme for the outdoor spaces of the four major sections inside the Caohejing Hi-Tech Park, including the China Fortune Business Center (designed by Itsuko Hasegawa Atelier) & China Fortune Exhibition Center (by Scenic Architecture), China Fortune Properties Horizon – Phase Ⅰ (by Jacques Ferrier Architecture ), China Fortune Properties Horizon – Phase Ⅱ (by Jacques Ferrier Architecture and URBANUS ), as well as China Fortune Wisdom Hub & China Fortune Hi-Tech Park (by Atelier Deshaus).
· This competition is open to design practices, plus professionals, students and design enthusiasts of all ages with design-related background across the world;
· Interdisciplinary team registration (three members at most) is allowed; each team shall submit one scheme that contains the elements as required.
· Michel Hoessler, Co-founder/Director of Agence TER
· Sou Fujimoto, Founder of Sou Fujimoto Architects
· Rossana Hu, Founding Partner of Neri&Hu Design and Research Office, and Design Republic
· Guan Yetong, Head of Shanghai Xuhui District Construction and Transportation Commission
· Cao Yu, President of China Fortune Properties
· Isa Ye, Founder/CEO of YoungBird
Cash award: 100,000 RMB
·Patented fabrication and application: the winning work will be updated and applied in some parts of the site by the organiser.
Cash award: 20,000 RMB
· The Top 30 finalists will be part of an exhibition tour inside the “smart industry community” and receive a certificate tailor-made by YoungBird, with their works published in YoungBirds custom publication and across YoungBird new media platforms.
· Smart Elements Prize: 20,000 RMB (awarded to one of the Top 30 finalists who comes up with the smartest scheme)
· 2017.03.18 Call for Entries
· 2017.05.26 Submission Deadline
· 2017.06.08 Release of Top 100
· 2017.06.15 Release of Top 30
· 2017.06.29 Release of Top 3
· 2017.07.06 Champion Announcement & Award Ceremony