Submission: 30 September, 2023
Registration: 30 September, 2023
Prizes: View website
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. The 2023 CGarchitect 3Dawards Contest is sponsored by CGarchitect Digital Media Corp.
How to Enter and be Eligible for a Prize
- To enter the Contest and be eligible for a Prize you must have a CGarchitect account and submit an image or film to one of our seven categories or any special categories. Participants may submit up to 5 submissions per category.
- Competition judges or their respective companies may submit to the competition, however, they will not be able to vote on their own submissions. In the event that a judge’s submission is selected as a category nominee, all of their competition votes for that category will be removed from consideration. In the event that more than three judges’ submissions are selected as category nominees, replacement judges may be selected to vote in their place.
- All submissions must be received no later than September 30 (12:00 Mountain Daylight Time / UTC-7). In the event of technical issues during the submission process, CGarchitect at its sole discretion may accept submissions up to 24 hours past the submission deadline. Once submissions have been released to the judges, all incomplete submissions are disqualified from consideration.
- By submitting you agree that CGarchitect Digital Media Corp. (CGarchitect.com/CGarchitect) and its designated sponsors may use your submission(s), fully credited, for promotional purposes on their websites and/or marketing collateral. You will retain all copyrights to your work.
- As a condition of awarding a Prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use his/her full name (first and last), image and likeness, voice, and comments for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without territorial, time or use limitations, including without limitation online announcements, without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
- Any submission must have been created in 2022 or 2023 or made public in 2022 or 2023. There are no restrictions on submitting entries that have been submitted to other competitions or previously published in public.
- By submitting to the 2023 CGarchitect 3Dawards Contest, you warrant that you have obtained permission to submit the works for public display. If your submissions are selected they will not be displayed publicly until November 13, 2023.
- Any award category that does not receive sufficient applicable entries will be removed from the competition or merged with another applicable category at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor and its appointed judges with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding.
- By entering the Contest, entrants thereby release the Sponsor, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their employees, representatives, agents, partners, shareholders, officers and directors (the “Releasees”) from all liability including responsibility for any loss, damage or injury, caused by participating or their attempt to participate in the Contest or resulting from acceptance of the Prize or participation in the Event.
- The Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Releasees are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer and other property relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or from downloading any materials in this Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CGARCHITECT DIGITAL MEDIA CORP. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any attempt to circumvent any of the competition rules or voting systems will result in you and your company being disqualified and permanently banned from all future awards.
- The Sponsor reserves the right at all times at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by the Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause including the cancellation or postponement of the Event.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who (i) tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process; (ii) enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Official Rules or which would be unfair to the other entrants; or (iii) violates any of these Official Rules.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, and disclosure, by the Sponsor, of the following personal information: full name (first and last), submitted entry information, and contact information (telephone number, address, and email address) for the administration of this Contest including, but not limited to, the announcement of winners and awarding and delivery of a Prize. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. If a section of the Official Rules is declared illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- By submitting to the 2023 CGarchitect 3Dawards Contest you agree to create a “Making Of” article for the Sponsor if requested.
Professional: This sub-category is meant ONLY for work created by a professional (company or individual) that may or may not have been commissioned by someone who has paid for or otherwise obtained your services to create the piece you are submitting. This type of work is likely to have been created by a professional either for a personal or commercial project. This might be in the capacity of a visualization studio, or an in-house visualization artist working on an in-house project.
Submission Deadlines / Important Dates
- Call for Submissions: September 01 – September 30 (12:00 Mountain Daylight Time / UTC-7)
- Judging Round: October 1 – October 21
- Official Nominees Announced: November 13
- Online Awards Ceremony: December 6
This year the 3D Awards will be announced during a special online event to be broadcasted live on YouTube on December 6, 2023.
- Winners Announced Online: December 6