This year, the star of the Viefe Design Competition will be door stoppers and their many possible interpretations. Surprise us with your design!
THE TOP DOOR STOPPER
Send us your design for what you consider “the top door stopper”; a door stopper whose shape, ease of use, materials and installation make it perfect for fitting on all types of floors or walls. It should add style, while at the same time being functional and preventing banging. You can propose whatever materials and measurements for a door stopper you see fit, provided that they can be integrated into private dwellings and also into bespoke contract projects for public spaces (restaurants, hotels, offices).
Are you already picturing it? Then enter the competition!
The entrant who submits the winning design:
· Will receive €1,000 + any royalties from the potential marketing of their design.
· Will be able to join the team of designers who collaborate with Viefe.
· May have their design included in the coming catalogues of Viefe.
WHO CAN ENTER?
The competition is open to industrial design professionals, designers and architects, and to students of industrial design, architecture, design and the plastic arts from anywhere in the world who are aged 18 or above.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SUBMITTED DESIGN
1. This must be a genuine design that has not been entered into or won other competitions prior to this one.
2. The design must be of a door stopper to be fitted on the floor or on the wall.
3. The entry must be submitted in a single PDF document clearly showing a render of the proposed design accompanied by a plan view with measurements and a list of materials. This document may also include a brief description of the concept behind the design, if desired.
4. The entry must also include an image of the design in JPG format (800 x 800 pixels in web-display quality). By submitting this image, the designer is authorizing Viefe to include it on their website and social media sites, stating the designer’s name at all times.
5. Only one entry will be accepted per participant.
KEY COMPETITION DATES
31 January 2024: Closing date for entries.
1-8 February 2024: Viefe’s product and design heads will select the winning design.
9 February 2024: the winner’s name will be published and Viefe will contact them.