Submission: June 30, 2023
Registration: April 24, 2023
Prizes: Please see the details below
Micro-Mobility Mining Bot
The Canadian Critical Minerals Strategy will increase the supply of responsibly sourced critical minerals and support the development of domestic and global value chains.
Safety is always paramount and helping to improve the safety of workers in a mine, from falling rocks, entrapment, and possible fire, is critical. Robots have been assisting with the drilling an excavation, the detection of dangerous gases and the hauling of rocks in/out of mines for nearly a decade, but how can we further the relationship between humans and bots.
The APMA’s partners from Northern Ontario’s mines have provided valuable feedback to support this year’s design brief. Problems and challenges faced, both above and underground have two things in common: time and distance.
Assumptions & Considerations:
- Competition winners will be contacted at the email address provided in their submission package.
- The final vehicle design could be chosen from one submission or two. The Design jury could choose one teams exterior and another team’s interior.
- Prize money totaling $10,000 CDN. Will be awarded to the winning design team.
- The APMA will issue a one-time payment to the winning design team(s). The prize money will be divided equally among team members.
- Full press coverage of each finalist’s design work.