Submission: January 31, 2021
Registration: January 27, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 3rd Cycle is the twelfth initiative of the Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about this subject and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and write about Architecture and allied fields from a lyrical perspective.
Theme for the Series in this cycle is ‘Improvisation 2021’
‘Poetry’ is a very subjective interpretation of one’s thoughts and ideas. As we know that the current situation calls for a complete shift in our lifestyle and thinking. Let us give wings to our imaginations and consider ‘Poems’ as a tool to map our incoming thoughts and musings. Open your mind and capture the essence of change that we are envisioning with each passing day. The loss of connections between diverse forms of public-life needs to be rethought. The need of the hour calls for a reconceptualization and unfolding of the changed public activities and ambiance associated with it.
We welcome poems in three categories –
School-going, Collegians, and Open (25-100 years of age).
– Submissions are open to all poets writing in English. International submissions are welcome.
– Maximum 3 poems per poet are allowed.
– The poem may be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph (optional).
– Each poem should not exceed 40 lines.
– The entry should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Architectural Poetry, 3rd Cycle – Category (school-going, collegians, and Open) in a word document with 12 pt., Arial font, single-line spacing
– All entrants must mention their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
– The winners will be announced on 8th February 2021 on all our social media pages.
– In addition to three winners (citation) in each category, a Special Mention Award shall be given.
Jury Panel for the Competition comprises of
Rochelle Potkar, Fiction Writer & Poet, Mumbai.
Madhu Raghavendra, Poet, Curator, Social Activist; Mumbai.
Mariane El Ghrayche, Architect & Designer, Beirut and Stuttgart.
Pappal Suneja, Lecturer & Design Researcher, Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau.
Jinisha Jain, Architect, Conservationist & Poet, New Delhi.
Sangeet Sharma, Architect, Author & Poet, Chandigarh..
Submission window for the Series opens on 17th Dec 2020 – 31st Jan 2021 (11:59 pm IST/8:29 pm CEST)
– Early Bird Registration till 30th Dec 2020, (600 INR for participants from India and 11 Euros for International Participants)
Indian Participants can follow the link to register and International Participants can enter here.
– Standard Registration till 27th Jan 2021, (800 INR for participants from India and 21 Euros for International Participants)
Vidya Ramesh & Radhika Singh, Editorial Associates, AJC, India
For Queries, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winning Prizes for the Competition are
Citation (A set of Books):
– ‘Paper Asylum’: A book of Haibun (prose poetry) by Rochelle Potkar.
– ‘Revered Reminiscences’ by Pappal Suneja.
– ‘Stick No Bills’ by Madhu Raghavendra.
Special Mention (A set of Books):
– ‘The Architect’s Apprentice’ by Elif Shafak.
– ‘Castles in the Air’: Misadventures of a Profession by Sangeet Sharma.
– ‘Poetry & Architecture’ Competition Series, 2018-2019