Submission: February 25, 2022
Registration: February 25, 2022
Prizes: SGD 18,000 (TOTAL)
Type: International Interior Design Awards
As such, BCI Asia Interior Design Awards (IDA) 2022 would like to call for ID projects based on how well a specific interior space is designed by size. IDA 2022 asks ID professionals to submit their ID projects by the following three categories:
SMALL (S): maximum 300 square metres
MEDIUM (M): between 301 and 1,000 square metres
LARGE (L): above 1,001 square metres
About BCI Asia Interior Design Awards 2022: Small vs. Space
The definition of interior space has changed since the health crisis deepened its reach into our daily lives. How we look at interior space will never be the same again, not just in terms of function, but also cleanliness and hygiene. The lockdowns and restrictions have forced us to re-evaluate our relationship with the spaces inside our homes, offices, shops, schools and other facilities. It has called into question how much space one could occupy; how much space is enough and how much space can we live with? It has become increasingly less about the core functionality of one space, but rather the fluidity of functionalities a space can have.
Typical examples may include (but not limited to):
S = SOHO, apartments, hybrid shops/stalls; M = F&B, co-working space; L = hotels, malls
Please note that this cycle emphasises designing for size of space rather than project type.
- Projects are completed between 1 January to 31 December 2021.
- The project is a completed one for a space that still exists and is functional (has not been closed down).
- Projects are located in China & Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Projects are submitted under one of the three categories: S, M, L.
- Entries are submitted by a company or an individual involved in the creation or production of the project, including designers, architecture firms and developers.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible unique projects that each firm can submit. However, each project may only be submitted once.
22 November 2021: Registration & submission start
25 February 2022: Registration & submission end
End of April 2022: Results & individual notification
May & June 2022: Awards
September & December 2022: Publication in Construction+ magazine