Submission: May 25, 2015
Registration: May 12, 2015
Prizes: 1st prize €8,000, 2nd prize €4,000, 3rd prize €2,000
Young Architects Competitions is launching an open architectural competition to design a Food & Wellness Club for the upcoming F.I.CO.® (Fabbrica Italiana Contadina) theme park in Bologna. In 2016, F.I.CO. will become the world’s biggest theme park dedicated to food farming and food culture, with nine million tourists expected to visit this structure each year.
Such a project will trigger a redevelopment of the surrounding area in order to provide visitors with services. The Food & Wellness Club aims to offer a wellness area for those visitors willing to discover both nutrition and body care, offering comfort and care in a multi-sensory and exclusive space. The question of the competition becomes: how to create an architectural space that combines the elements of food, relaxation, wellness and seasonality?
The Food & Wellness Club will not be a simple spinoff of F.I.CO.®, aiming instead to rely on a specific identity. The owner wants to blend wellness and advanced technologies. The architecture should blend food farming with architecture and health. Destinations and areas are provided in the guidelines.
- 1st prize 8’000 €
- 2nd prize 4’000 €
- 3rd prize 2’000 €
- 2 x Honorable mentions “GOLD” 500 €
- 10 x Honorable mentions
- Single / Team of Architects, Engineers, Designers, Students.
- It is compulsory to have 1 under 35 person per team / single.
- 09 MAR 2015 “EARLY BIRD” discounted registrations opening
- 30 MAR 2015 “STANDARD” registrations opening
- 21 APR 2015 “LATE” registrations opening
- 12 MAY 2015 REGISTRATION deadline
- 25 MAY 2015 SUBMISSION deadline
INFO & REGISTRATION: