Submission: June 22, 2015
Registration: June 17, 2015
Prizes: 1st Prize: 50000 NOK, 2nd Prize: 25000 NOK, 3rd Prize: 12500 NOK
FutureBuilt’s vision is to show that climate neutral urban areas, based on high quality architecture, are possible. Its pilot projects are meant to inspire and change practices in both the private and the public sector.
The competition is 120 hours of intense work. Open for every creative person and firm, all over the world. You can either enter as a single person, in a team, or register with your architectural/design firm.
The assignment will be released on Monday, June 15th 2015, at 09.00 (GMT+1) and from that point on you have 120 hours to work, work, work, before entry closes on Saturday, June 20th 2015 at 09.00 (GMT+1). Remember that we are called 120 HOURS, so even though we are the nicest bunch of people, there is no mercy when it comes to our time limit. If you are late, you are too late.
Man-made climate change is one of the big challenges of our time. Our climate gas emissions must be reduced drastically, and this will in turn have big consequences for urban planning and architecture. The Oslo region is the largest urban area in Norway. The region is rapidly expanding, with an estimated population growth of 40 percent in the next 30 years. This implies development of many new houses, workplaces and transport infrastructure. To support climate friendly urban development the municipalities in the western part of the Oslo region – Oslo, Bærum, Asker and Drammen – have launched FutureBuilt.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The competition organizer is: 120 HOURS AS (Org. 915 262 376)
2. Members and/or representatives of 120 HOURS or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be on Wednesday 17th of June at 09.00 (GMT+1). After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. 120 Hours will not accept any responsibility for entries not received within the permitted time, for whatever reason.
6. 1st prize: 50 000 NOK, 2nd Prize 25 000 NOK, 3rd prize: 12 500 NOK
7. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice, at any time they see fit. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the organizer.
8. The organizer is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges appointed by the organizer.
10. The winner(s) will be presented on June 24th, at our award ceremony. If the winner(s) is/are not present he/her/they will be notified by email and/or telephone as soon as possible. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner(s) and pick a replacement winner(s).
11. The organizer will notify the winner(s) when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The organizer decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Norwegian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Norway
14. All entrants agree to the use of their project submission, name and image by the organizers in any future publicity material and/or for promotion purposes. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants may be used for promoting purposes and may be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
15. The winner’s name will be available on futurebuilt.120hours.no 6 days after closing date.
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.