Submission: August 31, 2020
Registration: August 30, 2020
Prizes: All winners and honorary mentions will be featured in the upcoming publication of Architecture-Design-Art Magazine.
‘Haiga’: Haiku, Calligraphy, Painting Competition Series (1st cycle) themed ‘Ruins’ is a joint initiative of Architecture-Design-Art Magazine and Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organisation. This International Competition calls for Ideas from across the globe as per the following brief.
The plasticity of ruins allegorically leads to both natural or man-made calamities and the omnipresent threat of evacuation of meaning from the landscape of human existence. Sublime violence, again either human, historical, natural catastrophe, are processes of creative destruction that offer ruins as potential perspectives in the social, psychological, emotional, environmental & ecological interpretation.
The Competition is ‘Open to All’ – students, professionals and others.
Submission Guidelines –
– Submissions are open to all enthusiasts and are welcome from all parts of the world.
– Maximum 2 entries per registration are allowed. Follow the link to Register
– The Haiku should be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph or a Painting (optional).
– The hand crafted Illustration with Calligraphy and Painting of your ideas is a choice and could be drafted in a digital platform as well.
– If a photograph is supported with the Haiku, either it should be self-clicked or the proper credits of the Photographer should be mentioned.
– Each Haiku should have 17 syllables divided, in three lines of five, seven, and five syllables respectively.
– The entry should be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Haiga’ Competition, 1st Cycle – Name of the Participant as a jpeg/png file with 14pt, Arial font/Calligraphy of choice, single-line spacing Haiku text typed upon the Illustration/Photograph/Painting
And the Haiku text (.doc file) + Illustration/Photograph/scanned painting attached separately without the haiku written/typed upon it as well with minimum 300 dpi and Image size of not less than 2 MB.
– The submission should include the payment screenshot as attachment in the email.
– Medium of Submission is English Language.
– All entrants must mention their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
– In addition to three winners, Honorable mentions if assigned by jury shall be featured.
– Only registered entries will be eligible to participate.
Submission window for Cycle one opens on 3rd July 2020 – 4th August 2020 (11:59 pm, CEST/ 2:59 am PKT/ 3:29 am IST)
– Early Bird Registration till 17th July 2020, (11 Euros)
– Standard Registration till 30th July 2020, (16 Euros)
– Submission deadline: 4th August 2020 (Tuesday)
– Announcement of Winning Entries: 3rd September 2020 (Thursday)
– Maria Aslam, Editor-in-Chief, Architecture – Design – Art (ADA)
-Pappal Suneja, Founder, Architectural Journalism & Criticism (AJC)
For Queries, Contact: email@example.com
– Katja Klaus, Research Associate, Bauhaus Dessau, Germany
– Herve Matin, Graphic Designer & Artist, Paris, France
– Rupa Raje Gupta, Architect & Researcher, New Delhi
– Javed Jabbar, Screenwriter & filmmaker, Pakistan