Submission: January 14, 2023
Registration: January 07, 2023
Prizes: Total Prize 8000
Over time, living spaces have evolved a lot, especially with the introduction of the concept of modern architecture and new technologies. Residential towers are no longer mere shelters, many of them instead stand up as pieces of art and landmarks.
The Iconic Residential Tower competition is a chance for architects whose body of work is sensitive to modern context to reflect their creativity in designing the facades of a real residential tower that shall be constructed in the heart of Dubai, UAE.
“Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness”
A range of prizes up for grabs
3 winning proposals as follows:
1st Prize- 4000$
2nd Prize- 2500$
3rd Prize- 1500$
The participants are tasked with designing the facades of a residential tower consists of ground floor, five podiums and 60 typical floors, with a crown on the top of it. The competition attachment contains a copy of the tower’s architectural drawings, plans and sections, and some of the options which was designed for the same project but didn’t satisfy the client’s vision. The participants should take into consideration a set of criteria when designing the facades and the Crown. These criteria are detailed as follows:
- The design shall be unique, iconic and exhibit strong identity and creativity.
- The design should follow the competition guidelines.
- Total height and footprint of the tower as well as floor to floor height should be taken from the competition’s attached drawings.
- The balconies contour lines are free and subjective to your concept design. Recommended not to project more than 4m from the structural columns. Balconies are only allowed in the front and back side of the tower.
- The tower’s crown design is free and it should match the overall design idea. The limit of crown’s height is shown in the competition’s attachment.
- Big readable logo on the top is desirable as well as on the podium level. “The logo is in the competition’s attachment.”
- All balconies to have a pool as shown in the attachment. The pool design is left to the architect choice.
- The podium design should read the same language of the tower concept design.
- The façade colors to be limited to white, black and grey. Brass color touches could enrich the design. Glass color is subject to your proposed concept.
- Multiple perspectives showing the uniqueness of your design.
- Brief description of the concept design. Not more than 100 words.
This competition is open to all architects all over the world.
The submitted designs will be posted for transparent public voting in which anyone can vote and see the results. Twenty designs with the highest numbers of votes shall be nominated, out of them three winners shall be selected by a competent jury.
- Any eligible person who participates in this competition is required to review and accept the competition rules. By accepting these rules, you:
- Will be disqualified in case of non- respect of these rules.
- Must truthfully and completely provide us with the required information, such as name/nickname and email address, by filling in the attached form and submitting it along with your contribution.
- By submitting your contribution, you warrant that:
- The content of your contribution does not and will not violate any rights of any third party or entity including intellectual property rights, privacy, confidentiality and laws. Any contribution suspected by any law and/or any third party’s right will be disqualified.
- You are responsible for any cost associated with preparing and submitting your contribution.
- Your contribution is original:
Your contribution does not infringe upon any intellectual property and/ or copyright of any third party or entity, locally and/ or internationally.
There is no obligation to keep the information contained in your contribution confidential. By submitting your contribution, you agree and accept that the content of your contribution may be publicly disclosed.
- The prize winner may be requested to execute a confidentiality/ non-disclosure agreement with the competition organizer for entering into negotiations to further develop and execute your design. The confidentiality agreement will take into consideration all intellectual property that your contribution may contain.
- The design to be fractional volumes and minimalist.
- The style to be very refined, slim components and classy.
You are invited to submit your iconic piece of design not later than 07th of January 2023, 23:59 PM GST, at the following link
Notification to Participants
Once selection has been completed, winners will be notified by email, phone or by other means at the organizer’s discretion, of the results of the competition.
Shall have any enquiry, do not hesitate to contact us at Competition2023@lyx-arkitekter.se
To download the attachments files
Visit our Websites