Submission: November 18, 2018
Registration: November 18, 2018
Language: English, Polish
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Prizes: Please see details below
Type: Ideas Competition
Krupa Gallery in Wrocław is a venue for actively experiencing a new vision of Polish contemporary art. Located in the middle of Europe, in a place that combines the best and experimental traditions of the East and West, the gallery is the result of a dream about a space of art that would connect people, enchant them and contribute to their development.
The most desirable effect in thinking about the lobby is reflected in a quotation from Władysław Strzemiński’s Theory of Vision: “Thanks to rhythmization, the biological rhythms that enter the image of the world, we feel the presence of life; the pulsating, breathing and active man who looks at the world.” Strzemiński and Katarzyna Kobro’s avant-garde ideas provide inspiration for the entire project.
This is why we are looking for an artist-visionary who by using various means and techniques of expression will help us to create a unique and surprising place for art. The lobby is supposed to engage the visitor in a game with transformation, experience and reflection. By providing a linkage between the three levels of the gallery in the tenement no. 27/28 at Wrocław’s Market Square, we hope that the lobby will become a dynamic showpiece on the local map of art.
The conception for the lobby should consist of:
• a general description of the arrangement conception (max. 5,000 characters without spaces), including the materials
• an estimated budget of the arrangement conception, including a list of materials indispensable for the project
• signed and scanned Competition Participant’s Declaration (Appendix 1)
• 3D visualisation or drawings of the proposed conception (at the artist’s discretion)
• the artist’s bio and portfolio.
The conception will be evaluated by a Jury on the basis of the following criteria:
• cohesion and logic of the proposed concept
• using multimedia and mechanical (kinetic) forms in the proposal
• visual attractiveness and artistic, aesthetic and spatial impression
• originality and innovativeness of the proposed solutions
• adapting the conception to the existing spatial arrangement
Terms and conditions and reference materials (plan and photographs of the space, logo of Krupa Gallery) are available here.