Submission: November 23, 2020
Registration: September 11, 2020
Prizes: Please see details below
International Competition for Architectural Design of Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is now open for pre-qualification application. Design teams from home and abroad are welcomed to participate in this competition.
Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is one of “Ten Cultural Facilities in New Era” invested by Shenzhen Municipal Government. With the demand for music and art talents in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, relying on CUHK-Shenzhen’s successful experience, Shenzhen Conservatory of Music will integrate advanced educational philosophies and establish an international, innovative, world-leading higher education institution for music and art. During the early stage, it will be a secondary college of CUHK-Shenzhen, and will apply to the Ministry of Education to become an independent higher education institution when it is ready.
The site locates inside the Shenzhen Longgang International University Campus, next to CUHK-Shenzhen campus. Currently, most of the structures at the site are gymnasiums, which will be demolished before the project construction. The site area is 73,777 square meters, and the total floor area is around 129,700 square meters. The tentative project investment is estimated at 1.75 billion RMB.
CORE DESIGN CONTENT
Including teaching buildings, practice studios, library, theater (700-seat), concert hall (500-seat), rehearsal hall (200-seat), sports complex building, administrative office building, student dormitory and staff dormitory, and underground space.
If the winning proposal is taken for implementation, the winner will be awarded with the Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development contract.
Contract content includes: Schematic design, architectural design development, schematic Design and design development for acoustic design and stage craft design, interior design, landscape design, signage system, floodlight, curtain wall, etc. Cooperate with feasibility study report, budget preparation and project approval; Cooperate with related approval work during the construction document stage.
This competition includes four phases: Invitation Phase, Open-Call Phase, Design Competition Phase, and Winner Deciding Phase. After Invitation Phase and Open-Call Phase, a total of 9 candidates will enter Design Competition Phase. The organizer will determine one first-prize or vacancy, 4-5 second-prize and 4 Finalist Prize.
Invitees (without ranking):
- 直向和筑建筑设计咨询（北京）有限公司 + 深圳市欧博工程设计顾问有限公司
- Snohetta Studio Hong Kong Limited + 华东建筑设计研究院有限公司
- Carlos Castanheira &Clara; Bastai Arquitectos Lda +筑博设计股份有限公司
- Barozzi / Veiga GmbH +深圳华森建筑与工程设计顾问有限公司
- Query Deadline: 2020.08.28 (Before17:00)
- Clarification, Amendment and Answering Period Deadline: 2020.09.04 (Before 17:00)
- Due Date of Pre-qualification application documents submission: 2020.09.11
- Pre-qualification review meeting and result announcing: 2020.09.17-09.27 (TBD)
1. Candidates must be legally registered companies or organizations.
2. Consortium is permitted. One consortium shall include no more than 3 members (including the leading member). Each member of the consortium shall not further apply alone or participate by joining another consortium.
3. The consortium members shall sign the Consortium Agreement legally and specify the leading member, as well as work distribution, share of rights and interests during the project implementation phase if awarded with design contract.
4. Individual or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
1.One First-prize winner or vacancy: 2 million RMB (tax included). If the winning proposal is taken for implementation, the winner will be awarded the Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development contract and will not be awarded the bonus. 2 million RMB will be awarded to the winner if the proposal is not taken for implementation. Meanwhile, the organizer reserves the right to leave first prize vacant, and to reorganize the competition.
2. Four or five Second prizes: each gets 1.2 million RMB (tax included).
3. Four Shortlist Prizes: each gets 600,000 RMB (tax included).
4. The organizer reserves the right to request the top 5 finalists to further optimize their proposals during the Winning Deciding Stage. If so, an extra fee of RMB 300,000 (tax included) will be paid to each team for the work. If the contract is assigned to one of the finalists, the extra fee will only be paid to the rest of the finalists. If no need for further work before the final evaluation, such fee will not apply.
COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT AND DOWNLOADING
1. The competition announcement and follow-up Q&A and the issuance platform for the addendum documents are the Shenzhen Construction Engineering Transaction Service Network: https://www.szjsjy.com.cn:8001/jyw/jyw/zbGongGao_View.do?ggguid=2c9e8ac273e77e5e01740b630fd63929
2. Download the Pre-Qualification Document from the Tender Announcement Section of Shenzhen Construction Project Transaction Service Website.
3. Project homepage (szmusic.archiposition.com) will update timely with officially released information.
>>> Go to the competition’s website <<<