Submission: May 25, 2021
Registration: May 25, 2021
Language: English, Russian
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
Prizes: Please see details below
LETI invites students and young professionals under 35 years old to take part in the Contest LETI: FUTURE ACADEMIC SPACES. Dear young architects and urban designers, students or working professionals, We are inviting you to take part in the Contest LETI: Future Academic Spaces.
The contest is dedicated to the 135th anniversary of St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University (LETI). It is the Europe’s oldest technical university of wireless communication and electrical engineering.
LETI has a unique urban campus, which has been shaping out since late 19th century; and now we aim to make it friendlier and more comfortable for students, researchers and visitors. LETI has proposed four campus locations to be transformed, and now announces a call for projects for Russian and international participants.
Proposals for the transformation of four LETI sites are accepted until May 25, 2021. The requirements are simple.
Registered participants can ask for additional technical information and a site visit. Physical or virtual guided tours will be organized by the LETI Student Council.
Benefits for international contestants:
– All applicants’ projects are put on the Contest site for viewing and discussion by the Jury, stakeholders and general public. All contestants will get the Contest Participant certificate.
– End of May 2021 the Jury chooses about 20 finalist projects to be exhibited in the public places of LETI during June – September. Presentations and interviews with authors will be published.
– All finalists will get the Contest Finalist Diplomas and valuable prizes.
– The main prize for the international winner is the sponsored trip to St. Petersburg.
Project submission package:
– Submitted project is sent as the PDF presentation, authors not mentioned. It includes the images, text description, plans, cross sections, etc. to present the authors’ idea in full detail.
File size not larger than 30 Mb (resolution not higher than 300 dpi, А4).
– 3-5 images representing main idea of the Concept for the website.
– All submitted documents (project files) have the application motto, which may contain letters and numbers, not more than 10 characters.
– The Concept is submitted with the completed Application form, where all names and contacts of the team can be mentioned.
– Submission deadline is May 25. Applicants, which are chosen as finalists, send their photos and their project panel for the exhibition in the public spaces of LETI. They get the template for the exhibition panel from the Organizing committee.
Works of finalists will be exhibited in the public spaces of LETI. The finalists will be offered a possibility to present their projects.
Winners will be offered traineeships in the international companies and architectural bureaus.
Winners can also by invited to work within contracts on renovation or design of LETI’s future academic spaces.