Submission: February 28, 2022
Registration: December 17, 2021
Language: English / Korean
Location: Yeonsu-gu, South Korea
Prizes: Please see details below
Type: Open Competition
Yeonsu-gu plans to build a “Yeonsu-gu Youth Center” that can promote healthy youth growth through various youth activities such as cultural activities, creative experience activities, career experience activities, and internationalization activities for teenagers. The purpose of this design competition is to provide efficient and creative spaces for various training and self-development activities such as culture, education, experience, and physical education, and to establish a youth center as a representative building in Incheon.
Adolescents should enjoy the present through self-directed participation and activities in a fair and safe social environment and need active support and attention to become self-reli-ant with the capabilities necessary for the future society.
1st Place Winner(1 entry): Award and the priority negotiation rights for the basic and working design
2nd Place Winner(1 entry): Award and KRW 50 million in prize money
3rd Place Winner(1 entry): Award and KRW 30 million in prize money
4th Place Winner(2 entries): Award and KRW 10 million in prize money
Runner-up Winner(10 entries): Awards
- Both domestic and foreign architects(Licensed architects, including corporations) can participate.
- For Korean architects, it shall be an architect, completing the business registration and running the business pursuant to the 「Certified Architects Act)」 of Korea as of the date of the notification and the architect shall be running an architectural business with no cause of disqualification pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations. If awarded in the contest, the main contractor will be the applicant representative.
- In the case of foreign architects, they shall be a qualified architects according to the laws of their countries by the time of the announcement date, and if winning, they will be able to conclude a service contract only if they have formed a joint body with a qualified Korean architect according to the related laws. At this time, the representative of the joint body shall be a qualified Korean architects.
- Luca Galofaro – Associated professor, Università di Camerino
- Dennis Pieprz – Principal, Sasaki Associates
- Dietmar Feichtinger – Principal, Dietmar Feichtinger Architects
- Heo Seogoo – Principal, Studio HSG
- Kim Sooyoung – Principal, Su:mvie Architects
- Lim Jong-yup – Professor, Inha Unicersity
- Participation Registration: Wed, Dec 1st to Fri, Dec 17th 17:00, 2021
- Entry Submission: Due Mon, Feb 28th 17:00, 2022