Submission: April 20, 2023
Registration: February 20, 2023
Language: Korean, English
Location: Rep. of Korea
Prizes: Please see the details below
Type: Limited open, international
Background and Purpose of the Competition
We intend to turn the Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District (the “District”) into a more futuristic urban town that provides its residents with more jobs, better housing and transportation, as well as more eco-friendly and safer environment. To this end, we launched this Competition to select the best proposal with a great urban master plan and implementation strategies for a multi-dimensional urban space planning for the specialty areas.
Through this Competition, we plan to come up with the most promising draft of urban master plan exclusively devised for the District to enrich the project site with a great theme, symbolic significance and artistry, tapping into diverse and creative ideas.
Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District in Rep. of Korea
● An entity shall have all qualifications in the fields of urban planning, landscape, architecture and ICT (Information and communications technology), and can participate individually or jointly.
● An entity can participate in the competition only as a member of one team; dual participation is not permissble. The representative of a participation team should be a Korean entity.
● A team for the joint participation shall have no more than six different members.
Schedule (Korea standard time, GMT+9)
● Registration: 10:00 Friday, February 10, 2023 ~ 17:00 Monday, February 20, 2023
● Submission: 10:00-15:00 Thursday, April 20th, 2023
● Announcement of the Results: (TBA) During April, 2023
● 1st prize (1 team) : Right to take on the Project to Design the Master Plan for the Gwangmyeong-Siheung Public Housing District (about KRW 16.9 billion) and serve as the Master Planner in the project
● First Runner-up (up to 1 team) : KRW 100,000,000
● Third Runner-up (up to 2 teams) : KRW 70,000,000 each