Submission: May 24, 2022
Registration: May 23, 2022
The architecture competition brief calls for a design of a rest stop for about 100 truck drivers on Indian Highways. Today this cumbersome lifestyle means that fewer individuals are drawn to the profession. Yet as a nation India continues to rely on them for a majority of its trade and transportation needs. It thus becomes important to consider opportunities that we can design to help make these journeys easier.
The rest stop must be able to provide 3 different degrees of rest to its stakeholders:
- It must allow quick pitstops for relief and refreshing oneself.
- It must allow for spaces to share and consume meals.
- It must allow spaces for sleep and longer rests.
Most importantly the design outcome must allow for these opportunities in a cost-effective way.
Design: The outcome must display your novel design approach in a clear and legible way.
Cost-effective: The design outcome in its materiality and design must be cost-effective.
Modular: The design should be able to adapt to changing needs of its users.
Robust: The design should be able to sustain through adversity and require little or cost-effective maintenance.
- The minimum eligible age for participation is 18 years.
- The competitions are open worldwide for designers from any discipline.
- You can participate as an individual or as a team of a maximum of 4 members.
- All students and professionals can participate in the competitions.