Submission: September 23, 2016
Registration: August 19, 2016
Location: Ayodhya, India
Prizes: 1st Prize: Design Contract, 2nd Prize: KRW 30mln, 3rd Prize: KRW 20mln
The drawings and documents to be submitted are to be written in Korean. However, in consideration of the foreign judges, the title, keywords, names of places, proper nouns and the description of the design concepts must be indicated in English also. The metric system is used as the measurement unit.
Domestic and foreign experts in the fields related to architecture and landscaping can all participate. In the case of joint application, a team can have up to five(5, individual or corporate) members.
The representative of the applicant must be a domestic company satisfying any one of items specified below.
– Those who possess the architect license according to Article 7 in the Certified Architects Act, and has established an architect’s office according to Article 23 of the same Act and has acquired registration from the Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. Also, the person should not have grounds for disqualification as stated in Article 9 of the Certified Architects Act
– Those who acquired registration in the specialized field of the construction sector (landscaping) from the Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy according to Article 2, Paragraph 4 of the Engineering Industry Promotion Act
– Those who registered the establishment of the engineer’s office in the construction sector (landscaping) with the Minister of Education, Science and Technology according to Article 6 in the Professional Engineers Act
The entrant must be able to provide one or more cases of overseas design performance (the site of the project must be other than Korea) and one or more cases of landscaping or waterfront design performance. This can be provided by combining the performances of all team members. The relevant performance can include the performance of the company that the entrant is affiliated to, or the performance of the entrant who participated in another company as a project manager or an equivalent position.
Announcement July 20, 2016
Registration Jul. 20, 2016 ~ Aug. 19, 2016, 5:00 P.M.
Posting Questions Jul. 20, 2016 ~ Aug. 19, 2016, 5:00 P.M.
Answers Aug. 26, 2016
Submission Deadline Sep. 23, 2016, 5:00 P.M.
Technical Evaluation Sep. 26, 2016
Jury Session Sep. 27, 2016 ~ Sep. 28, 2016
Winner Announcement Sep. 28, 2016
* The time specified above can be adjusted according to the condition of the host, and when adjusted, it will be notified to the entrants through e-mail.
After the entrant or the representative of the participating team creates an account through the competition’s homepage (www.queenhur-memorialpark.org), the guidelines can be viewed, and the registration fee can be paid.
The registration fee and the period of registration are shown below.
Registration period : Jul. 20, 2016 ~ Aug. 19, 2016
Registration fee : 100,000 Won
•An entrant can post questions regarding the competition on the Questions and Answers page of the website but not by e-mail or phone. Questions should be written in Korean and answers will be provided to all entrants in Korean. Answers to the questions shall be regarded as revisions or addenda of the competition rules.
Materials required for the design, such as the drawing and images are provided separately, and can be downloaded directly through the homepage.
The offering materials may be limited due to the condition of the subjected area.
Each entrant can submit only one work, and the submission must be done in person.
All submitted documents must arrive as one package, and the host is not responsible for the loss or damage due to the problem in packing. After the work is submitted, it will not be returned, and the submission period is as shown below.
Submission period : Sep. 23, 2016, 10:00 A.M. ~ 5:00 P.M.
Reception Desk : Korean Institute of Architects, 9th Floor, Korea Art Center, 923-6, Mok-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul, South Korea
SELECTION OF WINNER
The evaluation result is notified through the official homepage after the evaluation is finished, and the awards are notified individually. Types and details of the awards are shown below.
– 1st Prize (One entry) : Design and Construction Administration contract
– 2nd Prize (One entry) : KRW 30,000,000
– 3rd Prize (One entry) : KRW 20,000,000
Honorable Mention (Five entries or less) : KRW 10,000,000 each
The contract with the prize winner is concluded according to the legal procedure regarding the country as the related party, and the relevant legal regulations of the Republic of Korea must be followed.
In the process of concluding the design contract, the winner (representative for the team) is the main contractor.
The winner must send one or more personnel in charge of operation to India to perform the construction documentation work.
The winner must cooperate with the local company in India during the design and construction administration period to perform the project.