Submission: January 05, 2023
Registration: December 31, 2022
Prizes: Please see details below
Archiol Artuminate has organized this second edition of the sustainable architecture essay competition to spread awareness of the sustainable measures that the construction and building industry needs to adopt to mitigate the harmful impact on the environment.
“If humanity takes the planet down the tubes, I’m dead. I’m trying to save my ass. And that is a powerful force.” – Michael Reynolds.
Building and construction industry has a tremendous impact on the environment. This industry alone contributes up to 23% of air pollution, 40% of drinking water pollution, and 50% of landfill waste; thus, this particular industry must adopt sustainable practices. Sustainable Architecture is an architecture design style developed following environmentally friendly principles.
Sustainable Architecture, also known as Green architecture, aims to minimize the number of resources consumed in the building construction, use, and operation. It also attempts to reduce the harmful effects on the environment. Sustainable architecture is a design style based on the idea of environmentally sound and resource-efficient buildings.
“I think it’s in bad shape. From the skies to the waters, to the happiness of people, the haves and the have-nots. There are so many places on the planet that are trashed beyond repair. The oil spills, the junk, the sewerage, the radioactivity. It just keeps growing.” – Michael Reynolds.
To spread awareness of sustainable measures in the construction and building industry
Points to be considered:
1. Understanding of Sustainable architecture
2. The Necessity of Sustainable architecture
3. Characteristics of sustainable architecture
4. Components of sustainable architecture
“We should really learn about the Earth (the physics and biology of it) so we can work with it – to make sure we can live here without destroying it.” – Michael Reynolds.
Competition Idea based on:
“It’s not like a light bulb went on and I thought: ‘I’m going to make sustainable housing’. It happened little by little as a result of responding to the news (of environmental issues.) I stumbled into this as a result of responding.” – Michael Reynolds.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
• Essay: 1500 -2000 words (Docx. / Docs. File – Title (Font style: Arial Black, Font size: 16), Essay body (Font style: Arial, Font size: 12) )
• A header image for the essay – 42 x 30 cm. (Illustrations, Graphics, Diagrams – JPEG. / JPG. format)
Registration deadline: 31st December 2022
• AR (advanced registration) deadline: 15th November 2022
• SR (standard registrations) deadline: 15th December 2022
• LR (late registration): 5th December 2022 – 31st December 2022
Submission Starts: 31st December 2022
Submission Ends: 5th January 2023
Result Announcement: 10th March 2023
Winners (X3): Certificate of achievement + Publication + Interview
Honourable mentions (X3): Certificates + Publication
Shortlisted entries (X10): Certificates