Submission: August 02, 2020
Registration: August 02, 2020
Prizes: Please see details below
COVID-19. We’re on the front end of this thing. It won’t be days or weeks. It’ll be months or years. When we emerge from this worldwide catastrophe, everything will be different.
We decided that we need relief from the harsh reality of this catastrophe. More importantly, we need big, dreamy, hopeful ideas that will help us navigate the future. To do this, we all need to exercise the sum total of our imaginations. That’s why we created this project.
With The Next 100 Years Project – Architect Edition, we invite architects to speculate on the built environment after the pandemic. It can be a simple cocktail napkin sketch or an elaborate drawing. It can illustrate the smallest detail or the broadest brush stroke of public or private space. It can be pencil or charcoal or crayon or even watercolor, but it has to be done by hand. We also ask architects to write a 100-word essay that describes their image and their vision for the future. Then we will judge all the entries and select the best 100 entries for a digital book of the project. If selected, your page in the book will feature your image, your essay, your headshot, and a brief bio. It will also include the option to hear you read your essay out loud.
The Next 100 Years Project – Architect Edition will be the first edition. Future editions include the Poet Edition, the Musician Edition, the Chef Edition, the Filmmaker Edition, and the Fashion Designer Edition.
There will be no charge to submit an entry. There will be no charge to view and download the digital book when it’s completed. With The Next 100 Years Project, we created an online community project filled with heart to serve the world.
To submit an entry for The Next 100 Years Project – Architect Edition, simply create your image, write your essay, and upload your entry along with your headshot and your bio to the submission link below.
- One entry per architect or architectural designer
- Entry should include an image, an essay, a headshot, and a bio
- Image must be done by hand in any medium (graphite pencil, watercolor, oil paint, ink on paper, etc)
- Image must be high-resolution JPG, PNG, or PDF file (not to exceed 10MB)
- Image must not have a signature or logo or any identifying markers
- Essay must be 100 words or less
- Essay must not have a signature or company name or any identifying markers
- Headshot must be high-resolution JPG or PNG file (not to exceed 10MB)
- Biographical information must be 100 words or less
- All entries must be original and not in violation of any copyright laws
- This Call for Entry is open from May 1, 2020 through June 15, 2020.
- All entries must be uploaded to the submission platform before the deadline
- All entries must be received no later than June 15, 2020 at 11:59PM CDT
- Notification will occur via email on or before July 15, 2020