Submission: March 31, 2022
Registration: March 31, 2022
Prizes: Please see the details below
What will life look like after the pandemic becomes history?
This is a question we often ask ourselves, our friends, family and colleagues at work. A crucial fragment of this answer depends on how we will move forward with our routines and lifestyles. Our homes and workspaces have now become way more than just a momentary place of shelter, transforming into spaces of holistic living. At the centre of this lifestyle is a host of design solutions that advocate adaptability and innovation in this new, anomalous world where each one of us must try to lead by example.
The Park Elle Decor Student Contest is an enterprising, socially and environmentally conscious design-led initiative of ELLE DECOR India in collaboration with The Park Hotels. In its 10th year now, the primary goal of the contest is to recognise and promote the young batch of talents to think out and beyond the box and produce product designs that tell a tale of the current world we are living in—the post-pandemic hour.
The products built with purpose, sensitivity and viability towards the post-COVID-19 world will get the opportunity to be showcased at India Design ID 2022 in New Delhi, India from May 12-15 2022.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Get your college to nominate your design or independently send in your own entry. The four most creative students win an opportunity to showcase at India Design ID 2022, the country’s most stylish design week at the NSIC Grounds, Okhla, New Delhi, May 12-15, 2022. There is NO registration fee.
Submissions are welcome under the following categories:
HYBRID LIVING: Work from home design solutions catering to adults or children
SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS: Products made with recycled and upcycled materials
REIMAGINING CRAFTS: Products that modernise local crafts and culture
PUBLIC SPACE INTERVENTIONS: Concepts for parks, walkways and community spaces
• Students and colleges may send in multiple entries.
• Any final year student in a long or short course enrolled in the academic year 2021-2022 is eligible to participate.
• The design entry should be an original creation and indigenously produced in the academic year 2021-2022.
• All entries are assessed on their finish, trendiness, functionality and originality
• Copies and direct inspirations will be disqualified by the jury
RULES & REGULATIONS
• Colleges may conduct an internal competition to shortlist entries and will be responsible for the same
• In case of a creation by a group of students, the team should not be larger than THREE members
• Forms are available online on ELLE DECOR India
• Samples/photos will not be returned and will be the property of ELLE DECOR and The Park
• Hotels to be used in the magazine whenever required
• After receiving entries ELLE DECOR is also eligible to nominate directly and reserves the right to cancel/modify/extend/discontinue the competition without giving any reason or prior notice
• ELLE DECOR will not be responsible for any postal delays or mutilated entries and shall not entertain any correspondence in this regard
• Entry forms cannot be cancelled or withdrawn
• Your personal details shall be a part of ELLE DECOR and The Park Hotels’ data bank and may be used for the purposes of sending out commercial information
• If any of the requirements are not complied with, the entry will be nullified
• Disputes are subject to Mumbai jurisdiction. The decision of the judges shall be final
• Images that are submitted as a part of the competition are likely to be used across Ogaan Media’s platforms. This includes online and offline media,social media and other digital platforms and books, brochures, magazines and relevant media.