Submission: September 26, 2016
Registration: August 22, 2016
Language: English and Montenegrin
Location: Prcanj- Kotor , Montenegro
Prizes: 1st Prize: 16.000€, 2nd Prize: 8.000€, 3rd Prize: 4.000€
The Municipality of Kotor,Montenegro announces the international single-stage anonymous competition for conceptual, architectural and urban solution for 4 star tourist settlement on urban lots up26 and up 138, within the scope of detail urban plan ‘ Prcanj ‘.
The competition is open from 25 July 2016 to 26 September 2016 until 12:00 o’clock. The interested participants must confirm their participation not later than 22 August 2016 until 16:00 o’clock.
Prcanj is one of the first settlements on the territory of Montenegro’s Kotor and Risan Bay which developed in the ancient period. The archaeological sites from the ancient period in the area of Prcanj, about which there are written texts, have not been explored yet. Prčanj (Perzagno) is part of a network of settlements which make an entirety with Kotor, enlisted on the UNESCO list of world natural and cultural heritage due to its specificity.
A tourism settlement should be designed on the concerned location which will consist of the main building of the hotel on UP26 (block 1) and villa objects on UP138′ (block 7). It is necessary to provide 90 beds at maximum.
1. Urban concept, evaluation of the total space potentials and landscape architecture 0-20 points
2. Architectural and design solution of the facility and relation towards the area 0-15 points
3. The achieved spatial and functional qualities of the facility 0-15 points
4. Economic justification of the proposed solution as a whole 0-10 points
5. The achieved level of ecological standards within the framework of the proposed solution and the level of use of alternative energy sources 0-10 points
6. The achieved level of tourist standard quality 0-20 points
7. Ambience and landscape compliance 0-10 points
The jury will award the first, the second and the third prize in the following amounts:
I prize – 16.000,00 €
II prize – 8.000,00 €
III prize – 4.000,00 €
Complete documentation for competition can be downloaded here