Submission: March 01, 2021
Registration: February 28, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
In this competition, we ask you to come up with a visionary concept for a Visitors center. When generating a vision for the center within a spectacular place, it is essential that each proposal emphasizes, respects and celebrates the site, while providing visitors with a unique experience. The Visitors Center aims to promote a unique experience within a remarkable landscape and provide a space for visitors to become engaged with the surroundings.
The fundamental aspects of a visitors center should be incorporated into the design. Participants are free to select any site which will be best suited for their proposal. This competition has no constraints and the brief is open to interpretation.
We want students to explore what architecture truly means and what it can achieve without any constraints. This competition encourages students to create unconventional and exceptional designs. The aim is to let your imagination run wild and design a breathtaking Visitors Center.
This competition is open for all architecture, planning, interior designing and graphic designing students.
Registrations can be done individually or in teams of maximum 3 members.
*this includes the graduates of 2020
Students are allowed to give multiple entries with separate registration of each design proposal.
- Concept and design process
- Layout Plan
- A brief textual explanation of the design.
- Three dimensional visualizations (Renders, sketches, 3D Model etc.) explaining the design.
- Any other details necessary for the explanation of the design.
- All text must be in English, with a maximum of 300 words for project explanation with a readable font size (to be provided on the A1 sheet).
- The design must be presented on one A1 sized sheet (300 ppi), landscape.
- The submission should be submitted as a single pdf file with the Unique Registration Code (URC) as the file name.
- The file size should not exceed 8 MB.
- The Unique Registration Code (URC) must be clearly mentioned at the top right corner of the sheet.
- The sheet must not include any information (Name, Organization, School, etc.) that may give away your identity.
- The submission has to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of email as your teams URC.
- Design Aesthetics
- Spatial Experience
- Innovation in Design
- The ‘X’ factor
- After completing the checkout, you will automatically receive email from architerrax in the email you will find your Unique
- Registration Code (URC). URC is the only means of identification of a team as it is an anonymous competition.
- Teams are welcomed to add, remove or swap team members as long as total members does not exceed three. Incase of
- any change in registration details you must notify us via mail.
- The registration fee is non refundable. It will only be refunded if the competition is cancelled.
- Architerrax is the competition organizer and it reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
- Architerrax will have the full authority to publish and promote the material, always indicating the author, who will remain
- the owner of the idea of the project. By participation in the competition you allow architerrax the right to publish and
- defuse the received material, and to modify it for adapting the publications formats.
- Architerrax can modify the contents of this document provided that the majority of participants can benefit from it.
- Possible changes will be communicated in time, therefore it is highly recommended to check your registration email, our
- website, social media for such alerts.
- If any form of plagiarism is caught in the competition entry, that entry will be disqualified.
- Contacting the jury is strictly prohibited.
- Participant teams will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not adhered to.
- Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
- The decision of the jury and organizers shall be final and no requests for re-evaluation shall be entertained.