Submission: May 20, 2020
Registration: May 20, 2020
Prizes: Please see details below
College students, what will the future of design for distanced/digital socialization look like? Show us your vision with an original 3D model of a creative space at the 1st annual VR AR Global Design Student Competition!
This live-streamed competition aims to celebrate the creativity of architecture and interior design students throughout the world. Apply to participate and be exposed to emerging technologies, gain professional exposure, and compete to win a free VR headset, laptop, and much more.
Design a space that encourages digital socialization or innovative social distancing. Could be the future workplace, an office, a public space, a lobby, entry way, a room or building using smart technology, or other utilitarian design idea.
Meet the Jurors
Amy Peck is Sr. Director of Enterprise Content at HTC Vive. Amy founded EndeavorVR, a leading global XR strategy & consulting firm. She is a recognized thought-leader in the space and speaks globally on the future of XR. She is a venture partner at the Capital Region AR/VR Accelerator, holds several Advisory Board roles and Co-chairs the VRARA Enterprise Committee. Her own personal mission is to see XR fundamentally improve every aspect of our lives with the goal of making this technology accessible and transformative for everyone.
Aubrey Tucker is the Director of Innovation and Technology for ETRO Construction, where he offers a focused and thoughtful approach to innovative research, implementation and application of technology across businesses to create efficiencies and amplify the power of ETRO’s people. He is an Enabler, Technologist, International BIM Speaker, University Lecturer and Revit Expert with an extensive career with skyscrapers, hospitals, schools, airports and technology.
How to Enter
- Fill out an application here. Deadline is Wednesday, May 20th by 11:59pm PST.
- VR headset recommended but not required to apply/participate. To participate, you must have minimum VR headset or PC requirements to install The Wild. Learn more on how to get started.
- 3D model submission: Revit or SketchUp models preferred; GLTF, FBX, OBJ ok.
- Be prepared to describe your project. What social interaction does it provide, what was your inspiration, how did you create it, and why do you deserve to win?
- 6 student finalists will be selected to participate in the competition.
*Must be available on Tuesday June 2nd to participate live in the webcast, via The Wild app.
- 1-year subscription to The Wild
- Pico VR Headset
- Pc Laptop
- Feature article on SPAR3D
- Design a space that encourages digital socialization or innovative social distancing. Could be the future workplace, an office, a public space, a lobby, entry way, a room or building using smart technology, or other utilitarian design idea.
- Submission must be your own original concept or design. No assistance is allowed.
- File size must be <200MB and <1 million polygons. Please only use jpg and or pngs for material textures. Review our size limitations here.
- All entrants must be graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in an interior design, architecture, or other related program.