Submission: September 30, 2021
Registration: August 30, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
YoungBE is pleased to invite architects, students, engineers, designers, and participants from the built environment around the globe to take part in the YoungBE September Concept Competition. Established in 2021, the monthly Concept Competition is a brand new competition starting this month that will allow all members off the built environment to create a concept for a specific idea for a chance at earning a social media share as well as a certificate of winning. It recognizes outstanding ideas that redefine the concepts through the implementation of novel technologies, materials, programs, aesthetics, and spatial organizations; along with studies on globalization, flexibility, adaptability, and the digital revolution.
This month the participants should take into consideration the advances in technology, the exploration of sustainable systems, and the establishment of new urban and architectural methods to solve economic, social, and cultural problems of the contemporary city including the scarcity of natural resources and infrastructure and the exponential increase of inhabitants, pollution, economic division, and unplanned urban sprawl.
Modern buildings are becoming smaller and smaller meaning that offices can no longer be these luxury skyscrapers with huge 100m2 offices. We challenge participants to create a modern office scheme for 10 workers under 750m2.
Submissions need to be 3 A3 sheets in PDF format and can include images, plans, elevations and any relevant information about the scheme.
1. This is an identifiable competition and the participant must send there name and email address and personal profile with their entry.
2. Although this is an open competition we encourage participants to be current or recently graduated students from a course related to the Built Environment.
3. The official language of the competition is English.
4. The registration is free.
5. Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
6. YoungBE, as the competition organizer, reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
7. Participants retain all copyrights of their designs. YoungBE is granted permission to publish in print and digital publications all projects submitted to the competition.
8. Entrants will be disqualified if any of the competition rules are not considered.
9. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
1st place – Personal Profile Share on YoungBE social media and a winners certificate.
Winners, honorable mentions, and selected projects will be published in the forthcoming YoungBE social media posts.
Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021 along with your name, email and a 200 word personal profile about yourself and your career in the built environment so far.