Registration: September 17, 2021
Language: English, Chinese
Location: Shenzhen, China
Prizes: Please see details below
International Competition for Conceptual Design of Shenzhen Tanglang Mountain Country Park City Viewing Platform is now officially open for application. Design teams from all over the world are welcome to apply. The competition is hosted by Urban Administration and Law Enforcement Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality, organized by Shenzhen Park Service, and co-organized by Shenzhen Position Spatial Culture Development Co., Ltd.
The main design content of this competition is the concept and connection design of two city viewing platforms on the main and secondary peak of Tanglang Mountain. Design teams should propose the specific design of the city viewing platforms as well as the resting and visiting spaces, including the design concept, form, structure, material, color, site design and signage system, etc.
In addition, the design content covers the improvement of the landscape design along the main road of the park from Longzhu Gate to the city viewing platforms, including the design of the main entrance, the infrastructure and landscape design of the 4.8 km main road and the both sides of it, the accessible design and the parking lot design.
Under the condition of minimal interference to the environment, the project advocates the design principles of ecology, lifestyle and creativity. Structure and form of the city viewing platforms shall be carefully considered.
1. Applicants must be domestic or overseas legally registered companies or organizations.
2. There is no qualification requirement.
3. Consortium is accepted, with no more than 3 members (including the leading member). Each member of the consortium shall not further apply alone or participate by joining another consortium. Consortium members shall sign the Consortium Agreement legally and specify the leading member and work distribution.
4. Individual or team of individuals are not accepted.
5. Design team composed with professionals in architectural design, landscape design, urban planning and arts is encouraged.
6. Considering the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, overseas design firms which have no branches in China must form a consortium with domestic design firms to participate in this international competition.