Submission: May 15, 2017
Registration: May 15, 2017
Prizes: Please see details below
Archistart promotes Architectural Thesis Award the new international thesis award, launched with the aim of promoting, rewarding and giving visibility to young talents in architecture. It takes months, if not years, and a great effort to finalise the thesis project and, despite being the most complete and highest-quality design ever done in the long academic career, unfortunately it gets low consideration and poor visibility.
You end up with only a few (A1 format) tables rolled up and left in the dust in a corner of the house or uploaded in some web’s portfolio, hoping someone online can see and appreciate the efforts made.
The contest is open to all recent graduates in architecture and building engineering who have developed a thesis project in the period from January 2014 to May 2017 in the following areas:
- Architectural design and adaptive reuse
- Landscape architecture and Urban planning
- Structures and technological systems
- Parametric architecture
The winner will be the project that will stand out for the quality and the complexity of the proposal, concerning various aspects of design.
In particular the following criteria will be considered in the assessment of the projects:
- Representation: clearness of ideas and graphic quality;
- Integration with the context
- Architectural composition: quality of the project and formal composition;
- Feasibility: sustainability of the proposal from the environmental and feasible point
- Technical solution: functional and innovative proposal from the technical point of view
The award includes a grant of € 2,000 in cash and the chance to participate in archiSTART contests and workshops free of charge.
Beyond the award competition, the theses will be uploaded to social networks and to the most important architectural portals, giving the opportunity to all the partecipating theses to be viewed by a large audience.