Submission: March 02, 2017
Registration: March 02, 2017
Location: London, UK
Prizes: Please see details below
New London Architecture (NLA) is inviting submissions of international projects, masterplans and strategies, delivered by London-based teams around the world, as part of ‘London Design Capital’, a major NLA Insight Study, publication and exhibition uncovering the global reach of London’s built environment industries.
From masterplans to individual projects, either built or in design, the Study will celebrate the capital’s exceptional design, engineering, urban planning and consultancy skills; highlight the new skills and technologies being developed for global markets; and examine the value and future for London’s built environment industries in a post-Brexit world.
Launching this May and on show over the London Festival of Architecture in June, selected submissions will be included in an NLA curated exhibition at the NLA galleries in The Building Centre, WC1, and in a new research publication.
A directory of London-based practices working overseas will form a practice prospectus widely distributed within UK and global networks as part of NLA’s ongoing and expanding programme of International Dialogues.
To include a company profile in the directory of London-based practices that work internationally please provide the following information:
Please provide in the form of a Word document:
• Company description of maximum 100 words, highlighting the particular global reach of the organisation.
• Company logo as an .eps or .png file
• Contact details: London company address, website, email address, twitter.
• Please list which areas of the world you are mostly working (if more than one, please list them in order of relevance) e.g: Europe, North America, Central + South America, Asia + Middle East, Africa, Australiasia
• Please list your core disciplines (if more than one, please list them in order of relevance) e.g: Architecture, Engineering, Masterplanning, Construction, Urban Planning, Consultancy
- All submitter companies should be based, or have a presence, within Greater London
- Submitted projects and strategies should be located outside the UK.
- Projects may have been delivered in collaboration with other offices around the world, though the submission should demonstrate significant involvement or input from the London team
- Built projects should have reached practical completion within the last 5 years (since January 2012) or currently be in design, planning or construction
- Submitters must secure appropriate permissions from the client prior to submission
- There is no limit to the number of submissions from any one organisation; however the submitter is encouraged to consult with other team members to avoid duplicate submissions. Entrants can submit project(s) or a company profile or both
- Entrants agree that NLA are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights to all successful submissions for NLA’s advertising, promotion, exhibition, print publication and internet purposes directly related to the International Dialogues programme. Entrants must have permission from the photographer for the reproduction of all imagery for use relating to these purposes
- Within six weeks of the closing date, NLA will confirm whether your project submission has been selected for inclusion in the exhibition and publication. On confirmation that your project has been selected, NLA will invite you to make the payments, which can be made by credit card or invoice, issued to Pipers Projects Ltd. Payment terms are strictly 14 days from invoice date.
Practices can submit any number of Project submissions and/or a Company Profile for the directory. There is no charge for submissions, but a production fee will apply as below on selection.
Projects (per entry)
NLA Partners: free
NLA Members: £149 + VAT
Non-Members: £249 + VAT
Company Profile (per entry)
NLA Partners: £299 + VAT
NLA Members: £399 + VAT
Non-Members: £499 + VAT