Submission: November 12, 2017
Registration: November 05, 2017
Language: English, Japanese
Location: Yahata area, Japan
Prizes: Please see details below
Type: Architecture Students Competition
The NPO Asian Institute of Low Carbon Design (AILCD) is pleased to invite students from all over the world to take part in the 7th AILCD International Student Design Competition. The theme of this year is “Low Carbon City Yahata”.
The competition addresses the problem of future developments within the Yahata area. The competition asks the students to re-design and make a proposal for a low carbon urban project within the Yahata area. The Yahata area should be considered as a real problematic area for the city of Kitakyushu.
Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted. Team and individual entries are accepted. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
You can choose the whole Yahata area or only a part, for example 2 or 3 sites within the Yahata area, as the site for your proposal of this competition.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
– low carbon city concept
– overall sustainable concept
– green space design
– usage of renewable energy systems
– sustainable transport systems
– connection to the surrounding area
– Competition announcement, registration starting date: 25 May 2017
– Registration deadline: 5 November 2017
– Inquiry deadline: 29 October 2017 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Deadline for written response to inquiries: 5 November 2017
– Closing date for proposal submissions: 12 November 2017
– Winners will be announced: 1 December 2017 (Students of the winning project teams are invited to participate in the International Conference and Workshop “Low Carbon City Yahata”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2018 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– Award Ceremony: End February 2018 at the International Conference and Workshop “Low Carbon City Yahata”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2018 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– Exhibition: All entries will be exhibited during the International Conference and Workshop “Low Carbon City Yahata”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2018 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
– Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
– Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
– 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
For registration, send an e-mail to email@example.com, containing;
– names and gender of all participants of your team, individual entries are accepted as well
– name of university including name of faculty and/or department
– e-mail address of the team’s head student
After your registration, you will receive a registration number which must be integrated in all boards of your final submission.
No registration fees are required for the competition.
– Digital form: 4 (four) A2 panels (JPEG files) and 1 (one) PDF file containing the project statement (A4, 2 pages) in English.
– Panel size: A2 (594mm x 420mm) (landscape format = horizontal orientation)
– The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, all in English.
– Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner on all boards (18pt).
– No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards.
– Proposals shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one e-mail should not exceed 10MB (e-mails over 10Mb can’t be retrieved). If the size of the e-mail exceeds 10MB send the files by separated e-mails.
– Proposals are not accepted after closing date for proposal submissions.
– File name: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement, ex. LCCY17001-01, LCCY17001-02, etc.