Submission: February 23, 2023
Registration: November 16, 2022
Language: English, French
Prizes: Please see details below
Located in the heart of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation, Château de Nalys is a historic winegrowing estate of around 100 hectares, including 77 hectares of vines, dating back to the end of the 16th century.
The flagship of the Guigal family for the southern part, this property, bought in 2017, has rare historic buildings lost in recent constructions of the 70s and 80s of mediocre quality.
The offices, the old cellars and a recent technical building are therefore to be integrated into a project including the construction of agricultural buildings intended to house the viticulture division of the estate, but also and above all a vinification and maturing cellar corresponding to the quality requirements sought by the technical teams of Château de Nalys and the Guigal family.
With a direct view of the famous Château de Papes as well as Mont Ventoux and the Dentelles de Montmirail, this site already enjoys an exceptional location and the architectural project implemented will have to ensure careful integration into the landscape while making the Château de Nalys a remarkable building, capable of standing the test of time, beyond any fashion or trend.
- 2 to 4 teams allowed to compete will be selected by the client based on their application file.
- Each team allowed to compete will receive financial compensation of €35,000 excl. vat for its participation in the competition.
- Registration is free of charge until November 4th, 2022 at 8:00 pm UTC+1.
- The registration fees will then be 80 euros excluding VAT.
- The deadline for registration is November 16th, 2022.
- The competition is open to all French or foreign architects authorized to practice in France.
- The integration to the team of partners with skills in structural engineering, fluid/thermal engineering, environmental quality, construction economics, is strongly recommended.
- For architectural agencies and/or consultants offices not based in France, partnerships with local agencies are strongly encouraged.
- For architectural firms of national or international renown, partnerships with young, up-and-coming firms will be encouraged.
November 16th, 2022 – registration deadline
February 23rd, 2023 – project submission deadline
March 3rd, 2022 – project presentation
Studies & Works
September 2023 – submission of the building permit file
December 2025 – delivery of works