Submission: November 30, 2022
Registration: November 30, 2022
Language: English, Polish
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Prizes: Please see details below
The challenge for an architect and a designer is to prepare the concept of toilets located in the theatre spaces, separately women’s and men’s toilets, including toilets for disabled people. The project should contain the author’s idea and meet the competition requirements contained in the Regulations as well as refer to the base materials.
The spaces of the theatre have their own history and the atmosphere that prevails. The sublime climate in the representational spaces Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera is a reason for many Guests to experience culture and contact with the idea of authors. In order to meet the needs of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw, we are challenging the architectural community to design the theatre’s toilets, which should blend in with representative places in a coherent way. The toilets of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw are places that you can design and show to the world as concept. Take up the “Design the toilets of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw” challenge.
Deadline for submission of projects: 30th November 2022
The winner of the project concept will receive prizes in the form of:
• The title of the Laureate within the CultureFORM category in the “Design the toilets
of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw” assignment
• 1500 EUR
• Publication, personalized interview and promotion of the Winner in trade journals as
well as promotion on Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera website.
• Placing the author in international promotional materials in the CultureFORM theme
If the author of the winning concept of the “Design the toilets of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw” assignment is willing to participate in its implementation, he or she will be invited to take part by the contractor and the investor.
In the light of the assignment that we are announcing, the author of the concept in relation to the annex regarding the “Design the toilets of Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera in Warsaw” assignment remains the author of the concept along with the promotion of his or her Person.
The idea of the suggested assignment is to design a concept that responds to the needs of the theatre guests in the category of a coherent reception of space, communing with well-designed spaces that match the entire character of the interior Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera. Attention paid to detail is close to every person with a high sense of sensitivity and aesthetics. The aim is also to provide a concept of toilet space that may become its implementation in the future.
The prepared concept should preserve the existing functional system as well as the location of sanitary facilities. The concept cannot take into consideration solutions that involve changing the location of drain-waste-vent systems and entrance doors leading from the corridor. The scope of the concept includes the following rooms:
• Men’s toilet with a vestibule (at least 2 toilet bowls, at least 3 urinals, at least 2 washbasins) and a separate room constituting a toilet for the disabled (1 toilet bowl, 1 washbasin)
• Women’s toilet with 2 vestibules (at least 2 toilet bowls, at least 3 washbasins) and a separate room constituting a toilet for the disabled (1 toilet bowl, 1 washbasin)
• The design should be based on the base materials
• At least 8 graphic files, max 15 graphic
• A description
• The prepared concept requires the use of Tubądzin Group tiles, the use of ceramic tiles from other manufacturers is forbidden.
Base materials for designers
a. Plan in .pdf and .dxf format with information on the height of the rooms
b. Plans in .dwg format for CAD Projekt users prepared by CAD Projekt K&A
d. Photos of the current state of the space
Ewa Kryszkiewicz, Poland – Development and Cooperation with Architects Manager at Tubądzin Group
Davide Macullo, Switzerland – Founder of Davide Macullo Architects based in Lugano, Switzerland.
Marta Sowińska-Gąska, Poland – Architect. Grand Prix winner TDA 2020