Submission: June 29, 2020
Registration: June 25, 2020
Prizes: Please see details below
The International Building Design Competition 2020 is organised by Singapore Building and Construction Authority (BCA), in partnership with Singapore Polytechnic (SP), National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). The competition is held in conjunction with the International Built Environment Week (IBEW) 2020.
The theme for this year’s competition is ‘Sustainable & Intelligent City’, stressing the importance of designing sustainable and smart building or buildings in the urban Singapore context. Teams are to design a mixed-use development that integrates residential, retail, commercial, community, and transportation usages under one roof to a totally new level, so as to maximise the land use in our land-scarce island state.
- Form a team of 3-8 members to take part in this competition, members must be full time student at the point of registration (proof of student status will be required).
- Schools are encouraged to send multiple teams and participating schools must be a registered tertiary institution in their respective countries.
- Winning teams will receive:
- Attractive cash prizes up to $8,000
- Plaque for the team
- E-Certificate for each member
Each participant who submit an entry will also receive an e-certificate of participation.