Submission: August 23, 2020
Registration: August 23, 2020
Prizes: Please see details below
PoArtMo stands for Positive Art Month and Positive Art Moves. Auroras & Blossoms created PoArtMo as an invitation to artists in every discipline to create positive art every June (Positive Art Month) and throughout the year (Positive Art Moves).
We invite you to submit your best inspirational work created in 2020 for potential inclusion in a digital anthology that will be published later this year.
You can submit inspirational poetry, short stories, flash fiction, drawings/paintings and photos.
Free entry for single poems, short stories, flash fiction and visual art/photos. If submitting multiple pieces for consideration, submission fees will apply.
- Poetry: Free for one poem. $2.99 for 2 to 3 poems.
- Short stories, flash fiction, essays, etc.: Free up to 1,500 words. $3.99 for 1,501+ words (1 piece).
- Six-word stories: Free for two stories. $2.99 for 3-6 stories.
- Photography: Free for one image. $2.99 for 2-3 pieces.
- Visual art: Free for one image. $2.99 for 2-3 pieces.
Maximum length per submission (written work):
- Poetry: 1,500 words.
- Short stories: 5,000 words.
- Other types of writing: 5,000 words.
Image quality (visual work / photography): JPEG – 1,500px on the longest side, 300 ppi, 5MB maximum per image. This means: NO photo taken from a smartphone or tablet, as the resolution is 72 dpi and your image(s) will look pixelated in an ebook.
Notes regarding poetry-graphy:
- Limit the number of words to 250.
- Your poem must fit in one image.
- Ensure that the font is large enough for small screens.