Submission: September 13, 2021
Registration: September 13, 2021
Language: English, Korean
Location: A part of Jijeo-dong, Dongu, Daegu Metropolitan City (K-2 Air Base)
Prizes: Please see details below
Ideas regarding how to utilize the previous K-2 Site, for example:
– A plan to create a global cultural waterfront city making the best use of the natural surroundingsof Mt. Palgong and the Geumho River;
– A plan to utilize the previous site that integrates society, culture, industry, economy, and the environment;
– A plan to create a high-tech space in line with the 4th Industrial Revolution and the era of digital transformation;
– Diverse and creative ideas to improve the quality of life.
Overview of the Site
○ Target Site : A part of Jijeo-dong, Dongu, Daegu Metropolitan City (K-2 Air Base)
○ Size of land : 7.1㎢ (K-2 6.28㎢, out-of-region site 0.64㎢, Daegu International Airport 0.17㎢)
○ Floor area ratio, building to land ratio : No limit
○ Competition Conditions
– All matters can be freely suggested by the architect
– Participants can propose a utilization plan for some areas of the target site
– Participants can propose a plan related to the surrounding area
○ Characteristics of the Location :
– Adjacent to the Gyeongbu expressway and Iksan-Pohang expressway,
near the Palgongsan IC and Dongdaegu IC, highly accessible to the metropolitan area
– Dongdaegu Station (KTX) and Dongdaegu Bus Transfer Center are within 5km,
excellent accessiblity to public transportation.
– The city center is formed within 10km
○ Development type : ‘Donation versus transfer’ method
Eligibility and rules
Majors and experts in related fields such as architecture, city, landscaping, etc.
Participation is possible as an individual or a team (maximum 5 people including team leader) and each team (or an individual) can make one proposal.
Idea : 10 teams will be awarded prizes for a total of KRW 60 million
Grand prize 1 proposal/team KRW 30 million
Top prize 1 proposal/team KRW 10 million
Excellence prize 3 proposals/teams KRW 5 million each
Encouragement prize 5 proposals/teams KRW 1 million each