Submission: July 29, 2021
Registration: July 21, 2021
Language: English, Spanish
Prizes: Please see details below
The Cliff Hut is a minimal survival unit, the choice of location is free, as well as the way to relate The Cliff Hut to the cliff. Participants will need to access their toolbox to solve the project, reaching new, creative places. With that same creative approach that The Cliff Hut requires, we will all have to face the challenges that the coming years will bring.
A landform, a steep slope, or just vertical. A refuge in apparent imbalance. Cities are in crisis, we are far from winning the battle against climate change, The Cliff Hut symbolizes that delicate balance that we have to discover.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Materiality: No restrictions.
- Construction technique: No restrictions, but it should include Self-sustainable energy system and reuse of rainwater. Built area: 540 Square foot covered maximum.
- Semi-covered surface:There is no limit.·
- Budget: There is no maximum budget.
- Minimum requirements: 01 kitchen double burner / kitchen sink / 01 small refrigerator / 01 bathroom with shower / 01 bed / 21 Square Foot storage space.
Any student of architecture or architect, regardless of nationality, can participate in The Cliff Hut competition. Likewise, people from other disciplines such as engineers, sociologists, photographers, etc. without requiring the presence of an architect on the team. Teams may be made up of a maximum of four (4) members and a minimum of one (1). All team members must be of legal age (18 years or older).
1st Prize: U $ D 1500 + Exposure in our Media and Diffusion in the Main architectural sites.
2nd Prize: Gold Honorable Mention + Exhibition in our Media and Diffusion in the Main Architecture Sites.
3rd Prize: Silver Honorable Mention + Exhibition in our Media and Dissemination in the Main Architecture Sites.
+ 4 Honorable Mentions