Submission: July 31, 2022
Registration: July 31, 2022
Prizes: Please see the details below
The Vectorworks Design Scholarship invites undergraduate and graduate students in major disciplines related to the architecture, landscape architecture, entertainment, and interior design fields to submit their recent, finished work.
Our scholarship is your unique opportunity to take the next step in your journey of professional development. In submitting work to the Vectorworks Design Scholarship, designers are given the opportunity to win scholarship prizes that will help you (and your classmates) continue to develop your creative designs.
Vectorworks software serves multiple industries and offers this scholarship to students from all of these disciplines:
Your design enhances the ways we inhabit our planet, influenced by our past and inspired by our future.
Your design enriches our outdoor spaces to tie the natural and built environments together.
Your design breathes life into a space, drawing people in and making them want to stay.
Your design creates unforgettable experiences with stunning visuals that leave lasting impressions.
We promote original thinking, but also like following the rules. In fact, we ask that you follow them, too. Our panel of international judges will evaluate your work on five main criteria: Design, Technology, Originality, Presentation, and Writing.
Rules and Eligibility
The Vectorworks Design Scholarship is designed to meet the needs and qualifications of a variety of students. At the time of submission, scholarship applicants must: have graduated no earlier than April 5, 2022 with an acceptable design-oriented degree OR be 1) enrolled or accepted for enrollment in undergraduate or graduate studies for six or more credits at an accredited college or university, and 2) pursuing an acceptable design-oriented degree.
The Scholarship is open only to students enrolled in one or more of the acceptable design-based programs during the 2022-2023 academic year and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who do NOT reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Russia, Belarus and Russian-backed Ukrainian regions (Donetsk, Luhansk, Crimea & Sevastopol). Employees and past employees of Vectorworks, Inc. and its distributors, partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
Prizes awarded include:
- Prize amounts vary by locale and are determined by local country rules. Please see the about page for more information.
- One $7,000 USD selected as Richard Diehl Award recipient from among the recipients of Vectorworks Design Scholarship awards.
- Vectorworks Design Suite licenses for recipients’ schools’ labs.
- Media coverage and networking opportunities.
- Other benefits, which vary based on recipient’s country of residence.
- Winning Parties will be notified of their winning Submission on/about December 1, 2022 via the email address the entrant provided on his/her application. If the Sponsor does not receive a response within five (5) days of outreach, a replacement Winner will be selected, and the initial Winner forfeits all rights and claims to the prize.
April 05, 2022 – Scholarship Opens
July 31, 2022 – Scholarship Closes
December 09, 2022 – Winners Revealed